Replies

• JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Ha um...i just graduated high school. So ask me in a few years:D
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    no..i weigh about the same or less than i did in high school. of course i could attribute that to the 80s big hair weight..haha

i'm 33 and i'm in better shape now than i have ever been in my life.
  • mnsmith83
    mnsmith83 Posts: 128
    Options
    That's exactly what my goal is! I weighed 126 when I was 16...about 140 when I graduated I think. I was about 15 in this pic...I hate it, but it's the only handy picture I have from high school. My mom thinks it's funny.

photo6.jpg
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I think I'm probably the same weight now or a little more than I was in high school. I posted some recent pictures to my blog here on mfp yesterday, and one girl that I've known since middle school told me that she's never seen me this small. So I'm kinda aiming to look better than I did in high school.

Previously in this thread someone posted that they did a lot of unhealthy things in high school and drank a lot more beer. Yeah, that was me too.
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    I find it interesting that my current goal weight is the weight I was in high school. However, at the time I thought I was so fat. It's so silly how our self image gets so distorted. Anybody else feeling this way?

For fun, feel free to add a picture of your high school self. It'll be like an old MFP yearbook. :)

Man, I *wish* I could have the body I had in high school. Couldn't gain a pound (even with all that um, beer) and could even sculpt a six-pack after doing just a few kips on the bars in gymnastics practice. BUT....

while I was skinny and lightly toned (was on the diving team soph through sr year) there is no way I could imagine myself doing the physical stuff I do now. I can bike to and from work (totaling over 30miles per day); climb up 14er mountains; hike out remote in the wilderness with a heavy backpack and so much more without batting an eye or gasping for air. YAY for muscles, strength and endurance!

Also have to mention that while it was hard for me to gain weight I also ate like crap. And I drank Coke all the time... the reason I have so many cavities now (eeeeewww) is because I'd grab a warm Coke from the garage for breakfast, have another one with lunch, another one after school and then another one with dinner. Bleeeehhh... disgusting.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I want to weigh less than I did in high school (3 years ago, going on 4th year out). I ate LOTS of candy and excess dairy, and I want to lower those to a healthier and lower amount. Since I will be cutting those out, I expect to weigh less easily though. :smile:
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    I would kill to have my cellulite free skinny high school body!!! However I was 7 and a half stone then and I am 9 and a half now. The lowest I have ever got down to is 8 and a half as my metabolism just isn't the same.
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i completely understand! i always felt like the chunky girl in high school... but as an adult if we have those bodies we are healthy.. lol! :tongue: i'm now fitting into the size of jeans i was when i was a freshman in high school! so excited!!!
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Same story for me too... All I did was get down on myself when I was in high school for my figure (I didn't understand that curvy can be pretty too, I had an hourglass figure and was comparing myself to boyishly thin girls) but now I know I'd be smokin' at that weight.
  • mowfaux
    mowfaux Posts: 38
    Options
    I think my goal weight is actually higher than my high school weight... probably because back then I didn't have any hips and my chest was smaller (so I'm happy with my higher weight lmao)
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    prommy.jpg
    Here I was at prom. I spent my whole high school life full of self-esteem issues :-P
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Same here...I was about 165-170 and only focused on the number instead of also looking at my size. I had an athletic build and but was in a good size for my height and looking back I think "what on earth was I worried about?!"
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I weighed below 150 in my highschool years from baaaad diets, and still thought I was a fattie. My highest weight was DOUBLE that. Now who's the fattie? D< If I could punch myself, I would.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    No HS body for me. I weigh less now than I did as a freshman in HS so I'm good.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I weighed 120 and I thought I was fat, I would always tell My husband now (boyfriend at the time) that I was fat and he would always tell me that I wasn't and now that Im 40 lbs heavier I tell I him I dont know what the heck was wrong with me thinking I was fat. and he just tell me "I told you so." I wish I had that body back :sad:
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I was 115lbs in high school and thought I was fat, can't wait to be there again
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    This is a fun topic. In high school I was 5'7" and about 90 lbs. and an absolute eating machine. So, no, I will not be aiming for that. But my college-era best friend and I do talk often about how we wish we could get to where we were when we thought we were too heavy then (high 120s? low 130s?) ... but we didn't mean it. We would get together to exercise, play tennis for like 17 minutes in the heat, and then go get breakfast pie at the diner where we waitressed. LOL Those were the days.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! No way would I go back to my high school weight. I am 5'8" and around 160 right now. Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get down to 143. My high school weight was 125. But since high school I had 2 children and got curves and a booty. lol I was a bean pole in high school. After my kids, I got hips and a booty and some thighs (which my husband loves, lol). I just want to tone up the body fat that I have now to muscle. My concern isn't really the number specifically but losing the flab.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    How do I upload a picture to show how skinny i was?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't want to weight what I weighed in high school. I was a beanpole! But I can wear some of the same clothes, including a prom dress that I didn't have a chance to wear back then.

1990-2011.jpg