Sister Attempted Suicide...

Options
2»

Replies

• CajunApril
    CajunApril Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Its a difficult age for kids, I hope for the best for you and your family. Support her and keep family close. A quote that I use to live by when I was in my teens and still do today. "You can make your world as small as you want to or as big as you want to, its your choice." Show her all the reasons to make her world big.
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Im sorry to hear this she will be in my prayers
  • cardiojunkie14
    Options
    I'm so very sorry to hear about your sister. A friend of mine just had the 1yr anniversary of her sister committing suicide on July 5th. My heart just goes out to her. I'm so glad your sister had friends around and wasn't successful. Hopefully she will be able to get the help she needs. Its so sad to make such a permant decision to a temporary problem. Will keep her and your family in my prayers. Hang in there and try not to be to hard on yourself. All you can do is be there for her now and help her to get better.
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your sister and I am also glad to hear she is doing okay and will be getting help. I personally have lost 4 freinds in the last 2 years to suicide and it is not easy to deal with. There are a lot things that I know that are going through your mind right now. It will be hard for you and your family, but you have to take it one day at a time. Your sister will have good days and bad days with dealing with her recovry. If you ever need to talk to someone about it I am here you can add me and messeage me whenever.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear. Please don't feel like this is your fault, that you didn't do enough. :( I really hope that all of you are able to heal. :brokenheart:
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    this is so sad but thank god she is ok you just be the best sister you can be i wish her the best in her recovery
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    First of all, I am very relieved to hear that she did not succeed in her attempt. God does not want her yet, and that's a good thing.

You know how I feel about not being able to be there for my little sister....... But this wasn't your fault. There are a lot of factors at play for your sister, your absence had very little to do with it. I pray very much that the support system your sister needs can be provided to her even though you can't be physically present to provide her the sisterly love and support you want. I do, however, hope that those around her have taken this very seriously and are getting her the help she needs. I remember when my brother's best friend succeeded in his attempt during the summer before their freshman year of high school... I pray that she does not ever reach that point. Like you said, it's horrible that she feels as helpless as she does at only 14. And she needs more than just teenage friends... That poor girl needs a mother.

And I'm HERE FOR YOU! I love you!!! Please let me know if I can help in any way.