Help!

Options
I've been on my diet for a little over a week and lost about 5 pounds.. I felt like I was losing and now I seem stuck, is that normal? I'm starting to lose faith!! :( any suggestions?!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I was probably water weight. You should be losing 1-2 pounds a week. That is a healthy weight loss.
  • AshlynsMom1
    Options
    Okay, thank you so much!! :)
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Five pounds in one week is AWESOME, but be prepared for it to slow down. A lot of the weight you lose in the very beginning is water weight. Healthy weight loss is between one and two pounds a week. I lost about 70 pounds over the course of 15 months. Comes out to between 1 and 1.5 pounds a week. Have kept the majority of the weight off for four years.
    Good luck,
    Kaye
  • jrogers374
    Options
    Hi. Normal (and healthy) is about 1-2 lbs a week, even though when I started I lost 8 lbs in 9 days. Now I'm losing about 2-3 lbs a week, and it's been a month. Stick with it and don't get discouraged. You know what they say.... we don't put it on overnight and it won't come off over night. Be sure to add at least 30 minutes of cardio per day in addition to the diet. It'll be worth it. Good luck :)
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When you first begin to diet, you alot of times will lose excess water and will see a big drop in weight, but after that it becomes slower. Just keep at and with good eating and exercise you will see the scale go down. Also remmeber though, I know there is alot of emphasis put on weight, but in reality, weight is just a number, and sometimes we see a loss in inches (clothes looser) and just an overall feeling better, before we see the scale budge. Good luck!!! You can do it!
  • duckle777
    duckle777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was stuck, too. What I did was log all of my calories. I found that some foods I was eating were not filling, but high in calories. And I admit that I was "leaving out" some calories in my log. :) I started cutting out diet coke, which was incredibly hard for me. By cutting out diet coke, I increased my water intake, too. If you are exercising, you could be losing fat, but gaining muscle and that's good.

A friend of mine was also stuck. Her problem was that she was eating too few calories.

Maybe these things will help you....Don't lose faith! Keep going.
  • AshlynsMom1
    Options
    Thanks for your support everyone!! I will admit I haven't been working out as much as I'd like too.. Actually not much at all.. I recently had a baby 3 months ago and before I start my diet I was 20 pounds bigger.. So I'm happy I'm losing more but just feel like my body is getting used to the same foods over and over again! Does anyone have a good work out plan that might help me?
  • duckle777
    duckle777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy TurboJam or Zumba. TurboJam is my favorite. It's like kickboxing with some martial arts. Chalene is the instructor and she's awesome. She's not fake and the music is good, too. I always recommend TurboJam.