dance!

i just bought a dancing with the stars dvd....its called cardio dance...havent tried it yet..because i woke up with the flu...its exercise routines...with maksim...what woman wouldn't want to loose weight with maksim? lol....anyway i'll let everyone know how it is..once i get to try it :)

Replies

• i just bought a dancing with the stars dvd....its called cardio dance...havent tried it yet..because i woke up with the flu...its exercise routines...with maksim...what woman wouldn't want to loose weight with maksim? lol....anyway i'll let everyone know how it is..once i get to try it :)
  • janineswenson
    janineswenson Posts: 19 Member
    Sounds good - looking forward to a review!

Janine
  • I have the same dvd. I tried it for the first time yesterday. I must comment that if you are not dance coordinated it is very hard to do. When I had the hand movements down I messed up the foot movements and vice versa. It made me extremely tired very quick.

Now I also have Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease & Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip. I bought them at wal-mart. I love the Aerobic Striptease (Disc 1), I haven't done the other one yet. I am not dance inclined but this one is easy to catch on to. I can do the whole dvd without getting too winded. It is fun too.
  • xccoach07
    xccoach07 Posts: 9 Member
    Its not dance, but I bought the Slim in 6 dvd's off of an infomercial last year--they did work! Good luck with your dance dvd--i hope it works!
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    I LOVE to dance! And Carmen Electra's Striptease videos are fun. The first one is not much of a workout for me but I will do it a couple of times in a row for more of a cardio benefit. The FIt to Strip is more of a toning workout but it is a bit difficult at times. I forget which one (3 or 4 or something) if her hip hop dance one. That one is much more of a workout and you will need a little more coordination but she does go through each move over and over again so it is pretty easy to pick up.

Another fun dance option - Hip Hop Abs by Beach Body. So much fun and definitely a good, solid cardio workout. It is really easy to follow although some moves are a little harder than others.

If you like Latin dance, Kathy Smith's Latin Rhythm Workout is a good one. This one is simple but, again, a good solid workout.

I can't wait to here more about the DWTS workout. Might have to pick that one up!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Hi...dance is my passion...I started dancing for exercise a couple of years ago and at 1st was uncoordinated...everything starts to flow with practice...I like to encourage all the females who love to dance to give bellydance a try...it is so much fun and quite a workout...you get sore as if you had weight trained or ran a few miles...it is so enjoyable it never feels like a chore to workout.

Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • Do you know of any good Belly Dancing vidoes that are good for learning and working out?
  • carmen electra tape sounds like a good one..thanks :)....i'll try it out...i still haven't tried my dancing with the stars yet although i did watch it....im feeling alittle better today....so maybe later i'll give it a go ..i'll let everyone know...
  • FatDancer
    Do you know of any good Belly Dancing vidoes that are good for learning and working out?

Hi Joyce...let's message about bellydance...talk with you soon...
  • FatDancer
    Hi Ladies!

Enjoy your dance tapes...dancer's always have such beautiful bodies!

I used to workout with military folk...I always thought our military folk were the most physically fit people till I started taking dance lessons...here in CA Ballroom and Spanish Ballroom are very popular...I've had Samba lessons...it was like doing cardio to the max, but fun.

I also have the set of Carmen Elektra's DVDs...they are enjoyable...when you dance you get strong fast and after awhile her tapes aren't physically challenging, just educational and fun.

Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • dinosgirl
    Neena and Veena - the "Belly Twins" - have some good bellydance workout videos out there. The beginning ones walk you through the basics and it isn't too hard to do.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    I love to dance. I'm not good, but I still love it. I have the twins belly dancing. I absolutely love Zumba, but it takes a bit to catch on. I want to try Carmen's striptease one, but how naughty is it? I have girls that are 9 and 11. I don't want them thinking of that as a career move.
  • dinosgirl
    I love to dance. I'm not good, but I still love it. I have the twins belly dancing. I absolutely love Zumba, but it takes a bit to catch on. I want to try Carmen's striptease one, but how naughty is it? I have girls that are 9 and 11. I don't want them thinking of that as a career move.

It's not really naughty. Neither her or her two dancers take anything other than their jackets off. And the Fit to Strip is really just a stregth training workout with no stripping moves involved.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    That sounds okay then. I just had in mind that it would be Carmen doing some dirty dances