confused..

Options
maybe i'm just not understanding correctly, or the system just boggles my mind.

i have a daily intake goal of 1200 calories per day. i assume this is before exercise. if we take, for example, my day today. my total calories was 1008 (which i assume is what i consumed before exercising). i burnt 981 by doing yoga and working out which then changed my daily calorie goal to 2181 calories and allowed me to consume another 1173 calories?!

i just don't understand how everything adds up. since i work out in the evening, i don't have the time to ingest all the remaining calories after a work out, does this mean my body enters starvation mode? is this bad in general? i don't get home until 8pm so hitting the sack is the only thing on my mind!

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to net 1200 to lose weight. So your body gets the same amount of calories weather you work out or not. If you gross 1200 then burn 1000 your body only gets 200 to live on..... So if you are planning a high calorie workout in the evening eat more at night. I went mountain biking last week, knew it would been 1000+, so I had already eaten pretty much ALL of my normal calories, then I used that 1000 for dinner.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Yes Definitely stay about 1200 calories a day net. I log my workouts during the day before I do them, and incorporate the calories throughout the day, plus it makes you accountable to do the workout.
  • CatharinaC
    CatharinaC Posts: 32
    Options
    Now I am confused, my doctor says to stay at a 1200 calorie ... but I am following what I am reading here.. But wouldn't less carbs help as my exercise routine is not as high impact ?? I am doing my exercising at night and I find it hard to maintain what calories I am to eat... it is a lot