food ideas please!

Options
cjwolfjen
cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
I've been at this a while, and I have my "safe" foods that I know will get me through the day. They are getting a little old though, and that is saying a lot because I am not picky and I can eat the same stuff all the time. However 100 days into this, and I'm feeling TIRED of these foods. I need any, and all, food ideas please. I'm not big on long detailed recipes, but rather short and sweet little meal or snack ideas.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Try www.skinnytaste.com. Almost all of her recipes are SUPER EASY to make - many containing only a few ingredients. I've made tons of stuff from there and it always tastes super gourmet!!
  • red_hatorade
    red_hatorade Posts: 166
    Options
    I am a big pasta fan, and have recently subbed zucchini for pasta. I have this neat chopper tool that comes with a julienne blade, so I use that to make my zucchini look like pasta, and top it with sauce and mushrooms. Super tasty and super low cal.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    half a whole grain bagel, toasted, with real butter and a tsp of honey drizzled over it. less than 200 calories.

fresh strawberries, light cool whip, 1 tbsp hershey dark chocolate syrup.

fiber one cereal with blueberries and skim milk

salt-free rice cake topped with 1 tbsp smart balance peanut butter
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love thin 'n trim chicken sausages...apple cinnamin or red onion spinach -they are fantastic and 60 calories each.
    Rice cakes with light cream cheese and hot sauce.
    Melba toast with cottage cheese or hummus
    Dannon light and fit yogurt - especially the toasted coconut vanilla
    Pumpernickel toast
    Kellog's fiber bars (very good but don't eat more than one a day!!!)
    Baby - bel's
    Air-popped popcorn and light chedder cheese (I pop mine in brown paper bags in the microwave)
    Frozen grapes
    No sugar added fudgesicle's

good luck! I know the feeling of being a bit "tired" of the same old same old. :smile:
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am a big pasta fan, and have recently subbed zucchini for pasta. I have this neat chopper tool that comes with a julienne blade, so I use that to make my zucchini look like pasta, and top it with sauce and mushrooms. Super tasty and super low cal.

Wow...that sounds really good! I may have to try this! Thx.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hummus is mashed chick peas that are blended into a thick puree. Spread cold on just about anything. Sometimes I like to add chopped marinated artichoke hearts, chopped olives or any pickled veggies. For my pitas I tend to toast them and spread anything on top.

Cauliflower Soup/Sauce
    small head cauliflower (30 cal)
    3 tbsp parmesan cheese (60 cal)
    1 tbsp garlic
    salt & pepper to taste

Cook cauliflower till its mushy. Throw everything into a blender and blend until smooth. Add water till its at the right consistency. Heat and serve over whole wheat pasta for a satisfying low cal dinner!
    I substitute parm with 3 packages of choice flavors of Laughing Cow Wedge cheese (or Weight Watcher) and use alternate seasonings to make variations. This makes a soup and I add crab (fake), ham or broccoli for a variations

BBQ Turkey
    10oz Ground Turkey
    one med. bell pepper chopped
    1 tbl oil
    6 Tbl BBQ Sauce
    approx 1/2c servings

Grill Leftover Sandwich
    2 mini pitas
    3 oz chicken
    1c mixed grilled veggies (I like carrots, pepper, onion)
    2 wedges laughing cow cheese
    Mix together when warm and spread on toasted pitas

Turkey Slider
    2oz ground turkey
    1/2 slice bacon finely chopped
    Mix these together
    0.5 oz cheese of choice
    mini whole wheat pita

pepper/cabbage slaw
    1c shredded cabbage
    1/2c finely chopped bell pepper
    1 tbsp soy sour cream
    2tsp vinegar- apple cider, or similar light vinegar
    stevia/truvia, S/P to taste

Tuna Spread
    One packaged (cooked) TJ marinated tuna partially drained
    2 tbl ff greek yogurt
    2 tb soy sour cream
    1 tb TJ green enchilada sauce

A few ideas for now ;)
  • cheesesandwich
    cheesesandwich Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try www.skinnytaste.com. Almost all of her recipes are SUPER EASY to make - many containing only a few ingredients. I've made tons of stuff from there and it always tastes super gourmet!!

Seconding this. Her recipe index is my go-to resource when I'm out of ideas.
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    Also check out Hungry Girl - google her! She's got a show on food network now too!
  • MHoxworth
    MHoxworth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yoplait light yogurt. Has protein, potassium, no fat and only 100 calories. Tastes great and there are a million flavors! And makes you feel full.