28 Days

Options
knyholm
knyholm Posts: 13 Member
I've never written a post before, but I feel like shouting my success to the rooftops!! I just finished 28 days with no soda and no sweets!! It was for a class I am taking on addictions, but I took it to a more personal level than just homework. I think it really helped me stay on track with my calorie goals and I've pretty much kicked my soda habit! I'm considering challenging myself every few months with a new food or habit. Maybe next I'll give up fried foods for 28 days....

Replies

• snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm impressed.
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thats huge!!! Do you have any insights? Im curious on your thoughts about the class and how this could help.
  • JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the great work
  • TwinMamma09
    TwinMamma09 Posts: 140
    Options
    Great work. That is an awesome accomplishment!

I could go without soda but I need a little sweet here and there!
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! Go for it!! You have nothing to lose but weight!!!!!
  • cangi1
    cangi1 Posts: 50
    Options
    Way to go!

That's cool! I haven't had any soda or sweet tea in the past 26 days...going for 90 though. It was a challenge I set for myself as I do a 90 day strength training program. I figure if I was to see my body change, I should make some changes.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    That's amazing and very impressive! Wish I could do that! I at least switched to diet soda when I joined MFP, once I realized ONE Pepsi put me over my sugar for the day....just outrageous!
    Good for you!
  • knyholm
    Options
    Thats huge!!! Do you have any insights? Im curious on your thoughts about the class and how this could help.

I was surprised at how well I did sticking to it. A lot of my classmates cheated on their goals (or forgot about the assignment and cheated on accident!), but I never did. It helped me realize that I don't really NEED sweets or soda. Sure I crave them a lot, but I lived without them. I think this will help me in the future when I'm craving something. I will be able to stop myself and think, do I really need that? I'm planning on keeping sweets out of the house too (this was a big help during the 28 days). I used to think that I had to have something around or I'd go overboard and eat all the chocolate chips out of the baking cupboard. Now I realize that I can control myself. If I REALLY want something sweet, I can walk to the gas station down the street and get something.
  • knyholm
    Options
    Way to go!

That's cool! I haven't had any soda or sweet tea in the past 26 days...going for 90 though. It was a challenge I set for myself as I do a 90 day strength training program. I figure if I was to see my body change, I should make some changes.

Wow. 90 days, that's great! I agree with making changes in order to see your body change. I think using MFP while doing my 28 day challenge helped me stick to it. I didn't want to waste calories on soda and sweets!
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!