I'm looking forward to...

Options
My pants not cutting into my waist as I sit all day at work...also, seeing my collar bones!!!

What are you looking forward to that keeps you going?

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    My flat belly! Right now I'm one set short of a six pack... and I can't wait to bare my midriff again some day! LOL
  • koluvsmusic
    Options
    I'm looking FWD to my thighs no longer rubbing together. :ohwell:
  • Justcallmejenny
    Options
    buying sexy knee high boots, they wont zip up over my calves right now!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to pulling my jeans up over my hips instead of having to shimmy into them. I am also looking forward to buying a smaller size.
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Im looking forward to being able to take pictures any darn way withoiut having to worry about double chins, love handles, or my arms being to thick!
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    I want a flat(ter) stomach - anything flatter than it is now! All my results so far have been in my legs... so I know results are coming soon to the rest of me... and they aren't coming at all if I give up!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'll speak as someone who has already reached her goal. I wanted to rock a bikini this summer and I did it!!! It's been fantastic and I'm loving every minute of it. You know maintaining is just as difficult as losing. When you're maintaining there is even more of a temptation to relax and get lazy. However, hitting the beach/pool regularly has given me the motivation to keep on keeping on.

Stay focused MFP friends... you WILL get there and whatever you are looking forward to will be worth the struggle!
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Getting into smaller sizes...I just fit into 2 sizes smaller than I used to! But I have a ways to go...so, am I looking forward to being able to buy clothes pretty much anywhere and not have to go to the women's plus sizes and I am on my way!!! :happy:
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thighs not touching. No fat arms or double chin in pics. looking like im skinny in pics and not "overweight". Be able to run as far and fast as my friends that workout. Hopefully feel better and have more energy, Buy clothes that look cute. Wow thanks for thread I have more reasons then I thought I did.
  • kimmy_72
    kimmy_72 Posts: 8
    Options
    Oh gosh I can relate to these posts! It's so encouraging to me to read the desires of others who are trying hard to shed these pounds and take care of their bodies , like I am!

I'm looking forward to:

-buying clothes at Costco - they always have cute things and I buy them for my daughters (ages 18 and 21) but I can't fit into them - and my budget would love it if I could! Actually this applies to shopping anywhere that isn't plus sized - I just think it'll be a lot more fun, there's so much more selection and the sales are great :)

-no more bra extenders

-panties that never roll over

-pictures that I don't cringe at, taken of me (this one I really look forward to - my daughter is studying photography at uni and I'm often one of her subjects!)

-moving with lithe grace

-looking at me in the mirror and knowing I reached this goal, that I didn't give up, that I can take care of my body and make me stronger and healthier, and feeling that sense of accomplishment and confidence that comes with that awareness and emotion.
  • HoneyBadgerVin
    Options
    doing laundry on washboard abs....
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    wearing shirts tucked in
    pulling out my size 6's again
    wearing meduims
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    wearing hot clothes for my hubby ( currently i stick to jeans and tshirts)
    wearing a dress for the first time since i was like 10
    rocking a bathing suit
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I'm looking FWD to my thighs no longer rubbing together. :ohwell:

Agreed! Killer on pants!
  • bethy0316
    bethy0316 Posts: 75
    Options
    Thighs not rubbing together, arms not jiggling when I wave, stomach being flat, and feeling proud in my bikini.
  • peejie
    peejie Posts: 43
    Options
    I am looking forward to...

1. Completing more push ups than my husband
    2. Beating a guy at arm wrestling.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to:

Longer life expectancy
    Looking good naked
    Wearing a slutty Halloween costume
    My collarbones sticking out
    Not having my size being the first thing people notice about me (noone ever says anything, but I "know" its true)
    &proving to myself that I do in fact have the ability to be a healthy weight (for the first time EVER)

Editing to add:
    NOT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT THE WEIGHT LIMIT IS ON THINGS!! Like folding chairs & those flimsy little plastic deck chairs.. so embarrassing to be nervous to sit down at a party for fear of breaking or bending someone's chair :[
  • leonardk09
    leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the day I can walk into Abercrombie & Fitch, fit into their stupid jeans, and then ultimately decide.. "No thank you. You weren' t there for me then, and you aren't here for me now".
  • belrie
    belrie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    wearing high-waisted things like retro bikini bottoms! my natually large legs looking like strong runners legs instead of fat blobs, no back roll, a flat belly even when i sit, smaller upper arms that don't look like wings, feeling beautiful even on bad days, & showing my bullies (both back then & the adult ones) that it's possible for me to have & be everything they thought i wasn't worth. oh, & the collarbones would be lovely to see as well. & generally being on the smaller side of 150 would make me smile. i'd also love to be able to run in marathons. :)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal... I am taking EVERY SINGLE item of clothing in my closet and torching it..... or donating it. I plan on not keeping one single item. I am saving up 2k to go out shopping for entire new wardrobe!!!!