Juice Fast!

Options
Has anyone done one? If so how did you like it? Just saw Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead and was inspired. I kind of don't think I could do it without blending protien powder with my juices to prevent my muscles from atrophying. I guess you could say that's cheating but I'm still going to try to keep my calories between 1200-1400. Don't want to go into starvation mode if I can avoid it. Anyways I've heard alot of good things from people who have juice fasted including more energy and increased cravings for healthier foods, so I'm excited. Just worried about transitioning back from juice to normal food. Looking for supportive comments, since I'm taking this pretty seriously... I know alot of you avoid anything with the word "fast" in it of any kind.

Replies

• leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    I actually just started juicing.. The first days were a little hard bc I craved food all day.. But now I'm feeling great, losing a lb a day almost, some ppl lose more. There's actually a group on facebook. Go to the fat, sick and nearly dead page on facebook and add someone named Judi.. I'm on the group as well.. There's like 150 ppl and counting now, and we're all juicing. It's a lot of help and they'll answer all of your questions..Hope this helps..
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    i think adding protein powder is a great idea, that was my main concern too. I just watched the movie as well and have started by replacing breakfast.