60 days no chocolate...challenge anyone?

Options
Chocolate is a vice of mine...

I am going to give it up and anything with it in or of that flavour...... for 60 days starting today!

This will mean an end date of 10/09/2011.

Is anyone else up for the challenge?

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I wish you would have started this in March. I have not had any chocolate since then.
  • manda112
    manda112 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    haha im trying to lose weight for a holiday which just happens to be on the 10th of september..im going to take this as a sign and say im in :)
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    Wow... the end day is my birthday - the day my actual goal was set for (to lose 30 lbs by my 30th birthday)... hmmmm.... I'M IN :wink:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have become partial to chocolate in recent months (I was never a huge fan before signing up here oddly enough!) but now I have a small bar a night @ 120 cals? It is playing havoc with my blood sugar levels and I am now pretty much addicted to the nightly chocolate bar!!

So what the Hell count me in, no more choccie until 10th September!
  • kettlenic
    kettlenic Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yay excellent!! We can use this board to update each other on how we are getting on with the challenge - Good luck

No choc since March well done!!! That is amazing :)
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've found I'm fine without it but one bite and I want loads
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Mmmm I'm off on hols on 10th September...i'm definately up for that challenge count me in :o)
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Good luck to everyone! I crave chocolate once a month and usually use it for comfort during that time....generally the only time I really need sweets.
  • StacyD015
    StacyD015 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I dont really bother with chocolate... Can i make mine crisps? x:flowerforyou:
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Oh man not me! I wish you guys luck. I just love chocolate to much to go with out it for that long!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Can't do it! Dark chocolate, just an ounce is really good for you.. Plus, I couldn't live without my Skinny Cows. Good luck to everyone though!
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good for you but I'm afraid I can't accept your challenge, I just have to have chocolate when I crave it! I haven't given anything up since I joined this site and that's what keeps me going, knowing that I can still enjoy my favourite food and drink AND still lose weight :happy:

Good luck to you and everyone else though :wink:
    Px
  • emylourow
    emylourow Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm so in but I've already had chocolate cereal today so will have to start tomorrow. Good luck everyone!
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    60 days of no chocolate?

That's just crazy talk.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I am actually eating more choclate now than before I joined LOL!! Although I have stopped all the other crap (crisps were my true downfall)

Choccie has become my nightly treat and at 120 cals (that is 10% of my daily allowance) it is not the best thing to be eating in the evening.

I want to try this 60 day challenge to encourage myself to seek an alternative and more healthy nightly treat.

(do Weight Watchers Lemon slices count as healthy? LOL)
  • SKINNYME1988
    Options
    Yes please...I will need support :) though...just had my last bite!!!
    yay...
  • infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've compromised. I love dark chocolate, but I'm using cocoa as a staple.

Cocoa has very few calories (10 per tablespoon). It's very tasty when made hot with water instead of milk. Use your favorite sweetener or sugar, and add "milk" (soymilk, creamer, cream, milk--whatever you prefer) as you would to coffee. Or just leave out the milk entirely.

I make it in a large latte cup -- 2 tbsp cocoa, sweetener to taste, a dash of salt (optional, but it enhances the cocoa flavor), and 1/4 to 1/2 cup 2% milk. (You also get some dairy protein with it if you use milk.) It's easy to alter it according to the size of mug/cup you have.

I also add some cocoa to my chocolate protein shakes to give them a richer chocolate taste without adding too many calories.
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hell no! lol good luck everyone else though :wink:
  • FatGirlSlim89
    Options
    This is one I know I can do- I have a dairy allergy so can't eat it anyway :)
  • timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Options
    Not a chance i'm afraid even if I wanted too :D