Hello :-) I am new!!!

Options
Hello,

My name is Elisse and I am pretty new to this.

I am looking to get fit and shed a few extra pounds after I suffered a knee injury last year. I spent a few months on the sofa with lots of chocolate (a big weakness of mine!) and here I am.

I live in Hampshire and I am looking for people in a similar situation to share a few recipes and to generally support each other... so please add me :) x

Replies

• dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hi - I too was laid up (non-weight bearing) follow keyhole knee surgery...and ballooned! Now lost over 4 1/2 stone, so anything is possible.

The trick for me? Decided weight loss wasn't meant to be a prison sentence, so set many mini goals with treats when reached. Moderation is a very important word too.
  • Babsjervis
    Babsjervis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning Elisse:)
    I have been on my Fitness pal since April and have lost 22 pounds...it's a work in progress but I know if I stay focused and watch the calories in and calories out (exercise) it does work!!!... I lost over a 100 pounds 10 years ago and have found myself to have gained 50 of it back :(...I would be more than happy to add you as a friend and help support you!! as I feel weight lose is more successful when you have support. I live in Southern Maine, what part of NH are you from?
    Barbara:smile:
  • carrieclark84
    Options
    Hi, my name is Carrie, i am starting today as a last resort.

My baby boy has just turned 1, and i had lost about 3 1/2 stone after having him, i then only had 2 stone to lose. I was baxk in all my size 14 clothes and felt great. I then went on Holida and gained 6lbs, and have since gained anohter 5lbs over the last 4 weeks.

I am sick to death of slimming world, so am trying this. I have calorie counted before on the alli diet and ate 1600-1800 a day and lost 8lbs in my 1st week. My target on this diet is 1320 so i am hoping for a big loss this week!

I am also still breast feeding my son - so this should help too!

3 Stone to lose, and ideally i want it gone by 18th October for my next holiday!

Starting states

5"8
    STarting weight 14st 11lbs
    Target weight 11st 9lbs
  • elisse86
    elisse86 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hey thanks for all the replies and the adds :)

I can't believe I did not find this site sooner!!! Looks like everyone is making great progress :D

@Barbara - I am in Hampshire UK (Basingstoke)