Slow weight loss

Options
So, I know it's said that a slow weight loss is better than a fast or none at all. I've been at it since January 17 (25 weeks) and am at 23 pounds...talk about slow....Geez..... anybody else a slow loser? :bigsmile:

Replies

• Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    Yeah, I've been on since April 10 (13 weeks), and I've only lost 8! Still working on getting in the right mindset though. That's proving to be a bit hard... Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yessssss.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    So, I know it's said that a slow weight loss is better than a fast or none at all. I've been at it since January 17 (25 weeks) and am at 23 pounds...talk about slow....Geez..... anybody else a slow loser? :bigsmile:

a lb/week us good!
  • simme
    simme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a slow loser and it has taken me ages to get over it in my head. Just got to remember its the end result that matters! :)
    X
  • karlafales
    karlafales Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you are rigth on schedule at about 1 lb a week....that's wh at is recommended. The point of slow weight loss is that you want to be losing actual weight/FAT not water and such.

You can see some additional results in measurements and slimness by adding strength training - no you won't gain weight lifting weights......

You might want to take measrements. Sometimes I wouldn't lose any lbs on the scale but my waist would be down an inch or my arms.....it kept the motivation going.

Keep up the good work!
  • dawnelaine96
    dawnelaine96 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been at it since Feb 3rd with 23 lbs lost also. I'm not worried though. For me it's not a race. I read that the longer it takes you to lose it the more likely you will be to keep it off because you've developed better habits in the long term. Keep it up, Don't give up.
  • millymoozie
    millymoozie Posts: 150
    Options
    i think your doing ok ,,its a good healthy loss ,,its very quick & easy to put the fat on but should & is hard & slow to lose it again ,, fast weight loss leads to problems & eventual gain ,,keep up the good work ,,it maybe a long journey but your on the right path for sure -welldone x
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    When I followed Slimming World my losses averaged out at less than a stone a year! I did it for just over three years, and in the second year I ended the year 2lbs lighter than I began it.....Beat that! lol
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I think we're all deluded by the Biggest Loser/Extreme Weight Loss shows where people lose 5-10lbs a week. It's not sustainable when you're trying to work full-time, run a household, and have a bit of a life. Exercising for 7-8 hours a day is simply not possible in my day - and I'm a single gal with little responsibility. I also don't have a personal trainer, nutritionist and psychologist on hand 24/7.

1-2lbs a week is amazing and healthy. Most importantly, it's sustainable.
  • uhoh_billy
    uhoh_billy Posts: 94
    Options
    I started January 1st and I've only lost a net of 24 lbs. And I seem to be stuck here, even though I just finished Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I'm hoping it starts to go away again, but it's been soooo slow! Especially after seeing other people on here lose 20lbs in like, 2 months!
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    I think we're all deluded by the Biggest Loser/Extreme Weight Loss shows where people lose 5-10lbs a week. It's not sustainable when you're trying to work full-time, run a household, and have a bit of a life. Exercising for 7-8 hours a day is simply not possible in my day - and I'm a single gal with little responsibility. I also don't have a personal trainer, nutritionist and psychologist on hand 24/7.

1-2lbs a week is amazing and healthy. Most importantly, it's sustainable.

You hit the nail on the head. I'm LOVING losing at this rate (seems to average at 1.5lbs a week so far!) - MUCH faster than I've ever lost before, and I'm excited every week about my new number! It took me a good 28 years to get to my heaviest - I'm already back at my lightest ever, and even if it takes me another couple of years to target, that's is totally fine with me.

Once I'm slim, I KNOW I'll never re-gain. I'd stake my house on it!
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I do take my measurements about once a month and at last measure was done 38.75 inches. I combine cardio and strength so i am good there too. Just wish it was a little more sometimes
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I was about 180 over a year ago after I had my baby. I am now 155. So what is that 25lbs in OVER a year. SLOW. I have 5-10 more pounds left.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    a pound a week is good! not slow loss at all!
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have lost 13 lbs in 10 months. Now THAT is slow. Probably will take another 5 months to lose my last 7lbs!!!
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    11 weeks of hard work and only 8 freakin' pounds lost.
    Workout = Turbo Fire, 6 days/week
    Diet = 90% of the time am under calorie goal

My fat melt is slower than molasses, ridiculous.
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    14 pounds since April! But, google what 20 pounds of fat looks like! That always makes me feel better :). And with loss being slow, you KNOW you're losing ACTUAL FAT!
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    As you can see, I joined in January and have lost 9 lbs..I have a thyroid problem though which totallys screws me.
  • jimmyvsc
    jimmyvsc Posts: 1
    Options
    I think you are doing great! Drink lots of water & stay away from caffeine. Keep up the awesome work!
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've been slow, too, but stay motivated by some smaller rewards along the way such as feeling in more control of my life. It can be discouraging when you are doing what you are supposed to and jump on the scale only to see something like a half pound loss. My doctor, who has to work to stay at a healthy weight, said every 10% lost makes a positive difference to the overall health of a person's body.