Getting Upset, HELP! :(

Options
2»

Replies

• OneLostSock
    Options
    Hang in there kiddo…I know it’s frustrating but if you are staying within your calorie limits and getting your exercise in, it will come off…just keep on keeping on and it will happen.

Love this advice!! "Just keep on keeping on and it will happen" will be my new motto!!! :happy:
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I was going to email you, but i see there are a few people having this issue. I'll copy and paste what i wrote on my post.

"Today was my one month reassessment; I lost 4lbs in one month. I have written previous topics about not expecting too much too soon, let things happen naturally, you can’t control how much weight you lose. Stress = resistance of what is. If you don’t lose the weight you expect, some people are resisting reality with what they expected; this will only lead to frustration and possibly giving up. You can only control your actions, what you eat, and when or what you do for exercise.

When I found out I lost 4lbs… I was like “that’s not much, but it’s better than zero, so my weight is going in a positive direction.” I started a resistance training this month also, I am pretty sure that I gained some muscle mass. I posted my 4lbs loss on my wall and how I felt about it. I am pretty experienced in this field, I also have some friends who are also very experienced, they said “what you’re doing with your diet will preserve a lot of muscle mass.” I then remembered I measured my bodyfat 1 month ago exactly, lucky me. I checked my body fat percentage. The results were truly amazing, 2inches from my stomach gone and my body fat dropped 7%. I compared how much muscle I gained to the fat loss, The difference was exactly 4 pounds. The results are so unbelievable when I told my friend’s about it, they where very skeptical, I am still skeptical, math doesn’t lie. I do see some change in body composition but not much. This means that my fat pretty much got replaced by the muscle mass. Some will probably say “well you didn’t get much results because fat is 4 times the volume of muscle.” Yes, and the difference is the results I see. I won’t share my results here because I know people will say “that’s not possible.” As some of you know people who are starting out in resistance training tend to put on more muscle mass than someone who has been doing it for a long time, same goes for weight loss.

. Like I said I am skeptical of my results but I can’t argue with the numbers. If my results are real, this means that you may not be getting much results in terms of “weight loss” but you might be doing amazing things behind the fat that you can’t see happening. If you feel down by your lack of progress, you actually might be making great progress, it’s best to keep track of multiple indicators of fat loss. Such as weight, bodyfat, and inches "

Here is the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/286755-if-you-feel-you-re-not-getting-much-results

ummm... is that seriously your picture? if so, how many times have you been on the cover of men's health magazine?! you said I won’t share my results here because I know people will say “that’s not possible.” but i wanna hear! pm me.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I was going to email you, but i see there are a few people having this issue. I'll copy and paste what i wrote on my post.

"Today was my one month reassessment; I lost 4lbs in one month. I have written previous topics about not expecting too much too soon, let things happen naturally, you can’t control how much weight you lose. Stress = resistance of what is. If you don’t lose the weight you expect, some people are resisting reality with what they expected; this will only lead to frustration and possibly giving up. You can only control your actions, what you eat, and when or what you do for exercise.

When I found out I lost 4lbs… I was like “that’s not much, but it’s better than zero, so my weight is going in a positive direction.” I started a resistance training this month also, I am pretty sure that I gained some muscle mass. I posted my 4lbs loss on my wall and how I felt about it. I am pretty experienced in this field, I also have some friends who are also very experienced, they said “what you’re doing with your diet will preserve a lot of muscle mass.” I then remembered I measured my bodyfat 1 month ago exactly, lucky me. I checked my body fat percentage. The results were truly amazing, 2inches from my stomach gone and my body fat dropped 7%. I compared how much muscle I gained to the fat loss, The difference was exactly 4 pounds. The results are so unbelievable when I told my friend’s about it, they where very skeptical, I am still skeptical, math doesn’t lie. I do see some change in body composition but not much. This means that my fat pretty much got replaced by the muscle mass. Some will probably say “well you didn’t get much results because fat is 4 times the volume of muscle.” Yes, and the difference is the results I see. I won’t share my results here because I know people will say “that’s not possible.” As some of you know people who are starting out in resistance training tend to put on more muscle mass than someone who has been doing it for a long time, same goes for weight loss.

. Like I said I am skeptical of my results but I can’t argue with the numbers. If my results are real, this means that you may not be getting much results in terms of “weight loss” but you might be doing amazing things behind the fat that you can’t see happening. If you feel down by your lack of progress, you actually might be making great progress, it’s best to keep track of multiple indicators of fat loss. Such as weight, bodyfat, and inches "

Here is the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/286755-if-you-feel-you-re-not-getting-much-results

ummm... is that seriously your picture? if so, how many times have you been on the cover of men's health magazine?! you said I won’t share my results here because I know people will say “that’s not possible.” but i wanna hear! pm me.

haha no that's not my picture, that's shawn phillips. I think you know that since you mentioned muscle magazine.
  • fenix1976
    fenix1976 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awww mate!! It will pass!!