Plateau Breakthrough

Options
I thought id share with you my plateau breakthrough to help or give ideas to deal with yours.

Heres what i did: I decided to have a week off working out, i still walked to work and back and i still ate under my calorie goal 1200 a day, i quit bread, pasta, rice and potatoes, got plenty of sleep and drank copious amoutns of water (i hate water and find this hard).

Ok, then as soon as the next week started i went into excercise overdrive, i swapped excercises every night, never repeating the previous evenings workout, i lengthened my workouts and continued drinking loads of water (this really is a must) i never ate back my calories for this week (although i usually do) and on some days i even ate over the 1200 calories.

I finally busted my plateau, and started to lose again. I really think its almost a case of starting over, giving your body a rest and then confusing it. Dont stick to the same routine, like us our bodies become used to this and change wont happen, eat you cals back, then dont eat your cals back!! mixing it up is good :)

I am now, after a couple of week, doing it again, and its working AGAIN!
:smile:

I hope this can help some of you, i know how frustrating it can be. Good luck to you all, please feel free to add me as a friend for motivation and support :)

Replies

• sophiegr33n
    sophiegr33n Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I will bear it in mind when I next plateau!
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    In the middle of one right now actually... and it's a doozy... Thanks - can't hurt to give this a shot!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    great info, i did something a bit similar to this and i have lost over 2lbs in almost one week.. its just coming off!
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    great info, i did something a bit similar to this and i have lost over 2lbs in almost one week.. its just coming off!

Im finding im actually losing without excercise this time!
  • blstine
    blstine Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for this post - I've been on a plateau for over a month, but the exercise is "shaping" my body so I'm not getting too worked up about it. I have always eaten my calories back, but the past two days I haven't and I finally broke the plateau. It's like you said - the body needs the confusion. Thanks again.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Great stuff! I think I tried many plateau busters - since I did not really get in a good workout last week - I guess this is my week to kick it into gear! Thanks for the tips!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Same here, I was in the middle of a plateau and I began to feel frustrated but I too noticed changing things up and eating a little more worked for me.
  • siobhan_faye
    Options
    This is really helpful thanks.
  • ChrisAlPro
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am hoping it works when I get to my plateau.