Looking for new breakfast ideas... Anybody??

Options
Here just like all of you, trying to lose the weight, but I run out of ideas. Please post any ideas/sites you like to visit for recipe ideas. Thanks. :)

Replies

• kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal pretty much every morning and I just change it up on what I add to it each morning. I do need to start getting more protein in the morning though so that's something I need to reevaluate. :)
    On the weekends, when I have more time in the mornings, I like to make an egg white omelet with sautted veggies, a little turkey breast, and a sprinkle of cheese with a slice of Ezekiel toast.

Bodybuilding.com has some recipes.
  • kettlenic
    kettlenic Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Home made muffins

Bacon and eggs

egg and soilders

Fruit smoothie

Yogurt

Oats

Banana too cereal?

Toast

Mackrel

Omlette
  • Lily0013
    Lily0013 Posts: 28
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean cereals and almond milk, the extra fiber and protein help me stay full til lunch time.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I love eggs... 1 egg w/ yoke + 3 egg whites. I put in a variety of different things to mix it up... Salsa, pesto, feta cheese, green peppers and onions... mmmm....

Also, Greek yogurt w/ fruit. You could even top it with a bit of granola or nuts.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal pretty much every morning and I just change it up on what I add to it each morning. I do need to start getting more protein in the morning though so that's something I need to reevaluate. :)
    On the weekends, when I have more time in the mornings, I like to make an egg white omelet with sautted veggies, a little turkey breast, and a sprinkle of cheese with a slice of Ezekiel toast.

Bodybuilding.com has some recipes.

If you love oatmeal, this is great:

http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal
  • RAHJustice
    RAHJustice Posts: 19
    Options
    My sister shared this site with my other sister and I after someone else posted it in a blog here. It's a pretty good site, you might check it out....
    www.appforhealth.com
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I cook this at night to prepare for the next morning.

1/3 cup of egg whites
    1 cup of spinich
    1 wedge of laughing cow cheese

- heat skillet , use no fat cooking spray... pour in eggs begin to scramble, add spinich and laughing cow. Cook until eggs are done and cheese is melted. place in baggie. In the am either at home ( or at work becauase I am late) I pop it into the microwave for 45 sec. it is ready to eat...

(91 calories )
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I stick to oatmeal 99% of the time. I buy 2 different kinds so that I don't get bored. I always eat a banana with my breakfast. and I drink almond milk. Something else I eat on that 1% other times is a sara lee whole wheat english muffin with natural pb.
  • ArtificiallyBalanced
    Options
    non-fat greek yogurt mixed with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a small banana mixed in, topped with 1/4-1/3 cup fiber one original cereal (the little twig looking things) and some cinnamon and splenda. perfect mix of carbs, healthy fat, and protein! protein is important in the morning, but getting most of your carbs in in the morning is the best way to eat your carbs without feeling guilty. it will give you energy for the day and by lunch/dinner you can concentrate on eating your protein quota. i switch between that, or whole wheat dry toast with egg whites & spinach, or a light whole wheat wrap (flatout brand is the best) with natural peanut butter and a banana mushed in like a burrito. I love multi-grain oatmeal made with unsweeteend vanilla almond milk and cinnamon and a banana too, but for some reason oatmeal just doesnt keep me full. The whole wheat flatout wrap has more protein than oatmeal for about 60 less calories! A few cups of delicious coffee with skim milk and splenda and 3-5 glasses of water. any of these hold me over for a few hours until my small mid morning snack!
  • jerseygirlnva
    Options
    I am a huge creature of habit so I eat oatmeal about 99.9% of the time even on the weekends. I sometimes will have a hard boiled egg and a peice of whole wheat toast but not often. Another good thing to eat is yogart smoothies, but I tend to make those more for a snack than for breakfast.
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean D-Lights - Turkey Sausage, Egg, Cheese, Croissant
    Servings: 1 sandwich 1 container (4 sandwiches ea.) Calories 290 Sodium 830 mg
    Total Fat 12 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 6 g Total Carbs 30 g
    Polyunsaturated 2 g Dietary Fiber 4 g
    Monounsaturated 5 g Sugars 4 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 17 g
    Cholesterol 30 mg
    Vitamin A 8% Calcium 10%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron
    I LOVE THESE!!!
  • supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    Honestly...I LOVE breakfast. So much so that I, on a daily basis, pop over to this website simplybreakfast.blogspot.com/ to get ideas. Most of it is really simple but it just never occured to me.

Polenta mixed with sauteed spinach topped with a poached egg? Yes please.
    Bagel with goat cheese, honey and pepper with a side of blackberries? Absolutely!

It's all about using your imagination. Breakfast doesn't have to be oatmeal, cereal, scrambled egg whites every morning. While all of those are good and tasty...sometimes you need a little adventure in your mornings. :wink:

Good luck!