Sometimes, I have a hard time relating...

13»

Replies

• spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    I guess we agree to disagree! Clean eating IS that important and health beneficial. You can't say eating fast food every once in a while doesn't effect your health because it does. And you can certainly still go out and participate with friends ECT but order a salad or whatever. To choooose to eat fast food sometimes simply so that next time you eat it you won't feel sick is just not logical.

When I go to the doc and get tested, everything, and I do mean everything is in a healthy range. So please, tell me, that my lack of perfectly clean eating is affecting me negatively. Please diagnose me over the internet. This should be fun! :)

I was just throwing devil's advocate out there on the stomach pains and woes thing.

I didn't say anything was wrong with you and I'm not trying to diagnose anything....im saying 1) you don't understand why SOME people feel bad when they eat bad because you don't have their diet...the cleaner you eat the worse you will feel when you don't eat clean. Thats pretty simple. The more "in moderation" you eat the less of those effects you are going to feel.. 2) No, not eating 100% clean may not be affecting you badly....im saying though that eating 100% clean would affect you and anyone in a super GOOD way.is moderation key for some people? Yes definitely. I'm just saying the few awesome ppl out there that can pull off a clean diet will tell you its worth it.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Well I'm one of those people who can feel awful after eating foods that aren't often a part of my diet. Not all the time, but some of the time. I am also celiac so I know now that it can be related to gluten, but since going GF I've stopped getting a LOT of the symptoms that used to bother me. However, I will still feel crappy after a lot of sugar or grease. I never feel like that after a low fat, veggie crammed meal, no matter how much of it I eat!!

I guess my point would be that everyone should be aware of what suits them and their diet and food intake, so who really cares what anyone else thinks they know? And you know, all my bloodwork came back perfect also, despite the fact that my intestines were being broken down by celiac disease. Go figure. The body adapts in amazing ways to get the nutrients we need, so just because your body has everything it needs, doesn't mean it's going about it in the most straightforward way.

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean that someone else won't.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    When you eat healthy for so long unhealthy food makes you feel horrible, sluggish, headaches, sick to your stomach, lack of energy, etc. which makes it much easier to stay away from it.

what he said :smile: also i have to watch my carbs and fat vs. the next person not having to. We are all different. chalk it up to that.

I agree.
    My diet is far from perfect, but I don't eat junky junk anymore. A few weekends ago my husband picked up donuts in the morning (the kids had been begging for months... "how come we never have donuts anymore?" :laugh: ) and I thought I'd go ahead and have one. I ate HALF of one donut (a cake style one with icing) and I felt SO SICK after it. I had a stomach ache for the rest of the day. Yuck. I will avoid donuts for as long as I live now!

Another one... a very poorly planned outing with my kids one day led me to resort to eating a snack from a vending machine. Besides candy the only option was Cheez-Its. I ate one small pack of those. Again, totally sick to my stomach after.

Believe me, before I started this new healthier lifestyle I would have totally been thinking "those health freaks" were out of their minds to claim illness over eating some junky foods... but here I am, experiencing it myself. Crazy!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean that someone else won't.

I've said this earlier in the thread... I don't know how anyone implied that from my post. Again, my post was about asking for that perspective.

EDIT: This isn't a exactly a long thread either ...
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    When you eat healthy for so long unhealthy food makes you feel horrible, sluggish, headaches, sick to your stomach, lack of energy, etc. which makes it much easier to stay away from it.

Playing devil's advocate here, then why, when I'm feeling awesome and all of my tests from the doctor come in swimmingly well and I'm pretty fit, do I want to increase the chances of me feeling like poop. From a logistical standpoint, it seems better for me to keep my diet moderate.
    Then keep your diet moderate if you feel good! :)