I can (sometimes) resist a bargain BUT

Options
My local supermarket had a special offer on yesterday, a BOGOF on their take away curries ....so, being the weekend when I exercise and treat myself more I bought some.
Ha ...save some money she thinks ..... couple of cheap meals for the week ........weelll .....I did buy them but am probably not going to eat much of the meal because the curry, rice and medium sized naan bread total 1216 calories. :noway: I only have around 900 left for the day after exercising as well of which I am going to use some of for my weekend wine.....Hmmmm ...looks like I might be a tad hungry later OR feelling guilty for pigging out ...nort sure which yet .....:sad: :sad:

Replies

• chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My local supermarket had a special offer on yesterday, a BOGOF on their take away curries ....so, being the weekend when I exercise and treat myself more I bought some.
    Ha ...save some money she thinks ..... couple of cheap meals for the week ........weelll .....I did buy them but am probably not going to eat much of the meal because the curry, rice and medium sized naan bread total 1216 calories. :noway: I only have around 900 left for the day after exercising as well of which I am going to use some of for my weekend wine.....Hmmmm ...looks like I might be a tad hungry later OR feelling guilty for pigging out ...nort sure which yet .....:sad: :sad:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i would rather have a huge juicy cheeseburger for that LOL:wink::tongue:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Ok first off I need to live where you live where they offer curry rice and naan...especialy BOGOF! My God!! Indian food is aweaknes of mine...and Arabic food! All of which seems to be realy pressing high on the caloric factor with the exception of salds... *sniff sniff*
    A girl can only eat so much tabouli and fatoush or foul muddamas ( pronounced fool lol but its made with fava beans)

All I can suggest is ditching the rice perhaps or the naan....even though thats what makes it great...or try making ur own basmati brown rice....
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Gonna have half rice and a bit of naan ....supermarket own take aways are not brill but it's food and cheap ...trying to save my grocery bill. Trouble is the shops are very clever, they only seem to put great offers on the really bad foods I've noticed, all the c**p high fat and carb foods never the healthier choices. !!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOOOOVE INDIAN FOOD!!!!!

Palak paneer, chicken and lamb tikka masala, naan, and that dessert with cardamom in it...yummy!!

You could just eat 1/2 of the meal and leave the rest for leftovers. I don't think Indian is particularly unhealthy, it's just calorically dense. I'd opt for a chicken curry over a McDonalds Big Mac any day...one has lean meat and rice, while the other has processed meat product and bleached flour.