P90X Day 1 BLUES... =(

Options
2»

Replies

• bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 5 and each day is getting a little easier. days 2 and 3 (be prepared!) they are sore. but then i am doing lean, and it sounds like you are doing classic? anyway, push thru. do your best and forget the rest.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Everyone in here has given great tips. Push through it as best as you can! The schedule is written the way it is for a reason, so push through it! But always remember to be able to distinguish between "oh yeah, I worked HARD!" muscle soreness and "oh no, I think I may have injured myself" muscle soreness. The latter...you may want to cool it for a little bit :) As he says in the DVDs, "do your best and forget the rest." Don't worry so much about keeping up with the video, just do YOUR max :)
  • isletri
    isletri Posts: 18
    Options
    plyo is rough! worse case if you can't do it, don't do nothing - try the Kenpo or cardio and in a couple weeks see if you can push through plyo
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    If you did a 6 mile run/walk then you could have done plyo, always push play, do your best and forget the rest. Bring it!

Exactly. DON'T SKIP DAYS. There's a reason he says "Just keep pushing play". You're body is more resilient than you think. Eat enough to support that fitness level you want. Keep your diet clean. Get your carbs post workout. Get a hot shower and focus the water on the muscles you worked.

But above all, keep pushing. If you can't walk the next morning, or put on your shirt, then consider it a good thing.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    The first week of P90X is always the toughest and as was said before P90X Results and Recovery Shake is a life saver. Just do your best.