stuck at the same weight - need help

Options
i dont understand how i have been the same weight since june 18th !! i go up 2 lbs down 2 lbs but cant get below 142.2. I increased my calories to 1200 (i was below) and i do a 20 min aerobics video daily - HELP ;(

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Also, I can't see your diary but if you INCREASED calories to 1200, you probably aren't eating enough and sent your body into starvation mode. You'll need to up your calories to start losing again, though this is pure speculation, as your diary isn't public.
  • julieh346
    julieh346 Posts: 4
    Options
    Try eating very light one day and a big steak...not trimmed, and either an apple, or grilled onion for dinner....no work out the next day..usually gets me unstuck!
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Also, I can't see your diary but if you INCREASED calories to 1200, you probably aren't eating enough and sent your body into starvation mode. You'll need to up your calories to start losing again, though this is pure speculation, as your diary isn't public.

I agree. I don't know how tall you are, but 1200 seems to me to be the bare minimum for your body to survive, so any exercise you are doing, you are taking away from the fuel your body needs. I'm 5'2", and eat at least 1600 a day, even when I'm not exercising. When I exercise I easily eat 2000. And I've lost consistently. Granted, I am more overweight, so the weight loss is easier, but if I am overweight and eating 1600-2000 a day and losing weight, that should tell you something!
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I know this probably isn't what you want to hear-- but according to your BMI you;re actually already at a healthy weight for your height. Maybe you should focus on muscle toning instead of weight loss? It will be difficult for your body to let go of the weight you want it to since you're already at a healthy weight.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    you aren't eating enough.

1200 calories is the old way of dieting. It just makes you skinny fat.

try freedieting.com's calorie calculator for a true number you should be eating.

When my weight loss stalled it's because I thought I wasn't losing fast enough so I cut 200 calories down to 1500...well my weight lose stopped completely.
  • Esq88
    Esq88 Posts: 54
    Options

I agree. I don't know how tall you are, but 1200 seems to me to be the bare minimum for your body to survive, so any exercise you are doing, you are taking away from the fuel your body needs. I'm 5'2", and eat at least 1600 a day, even when I'm not exercising. When I exercise I easily eat 2000. And I've lost consistently. Granted, I am more overweight, so the weight loss is easier, but if I am overweight and eating 1600-2000 a day and losing weight, that should tell you something!

im 5'7
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Try eating more for a week. Not junk food, but more calories from good foods. I would be willing to bet you will lose weight, if you were losing steady before and suddenly stopped. 1200 is not enough for a 5'7" frame.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Hey you and i have the same goals and are the same weight right now! :)
    I was stuck and then this past week didnt eat my calories back, I only burn about 200 extra a day, and voila 2.1/2 lbs dropped off.