Would you log canoeing?

Options
I just found out that our summer outing for work is a 2-3 hour canoe trip with lunch before and dinner after. From what I understand we will be making some stops along the river for snacks, etc. I will not be wearing my heart rate monitor because I don’t think it’s water resistant. I have never been canoeing before and I’m wondering if anyone can tell me if it gets your heart rate up and if this would be worth logging. We will be in two person canoe’s if that makes a difference.

I’m just a bit nervous because we will be eating out for two meals and snacks. If I know I’ll be eating out I will check the nutrition facts but I’m not sure that will be possible this time because we haven’t received all of the details yet.

Thanks

Replies

• pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    If you are paddling then you are burning. For sure, log it.
  • MFP1984
    MFP1984 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yeah defo loggable!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    absolutely!
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    omg yes...
  • LPC020409
    LPC020409 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I think I will log it but maybe only count half of the calories MFP gives me for canoeing.
  • Hicksbc
    Hicksbc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would for sure! Just getting out and being active is a huge deal! The meals you can control and you can do it! Thanks for the post!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Definitely log it! Maybe only log part if you're nervous you're overestimating, but log something - canoeing is a workout!

Have fun! :)
  • jpeper1966
    jpeper1966 Posts: 79
    Options
    I log kayaking. Just be honest about the amount of time spent paddling. If you do a lot of floating/chatting/coasting etc. then reduce the time you log.
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I believe in erring on the side of under-reporting exercise. But log it nonetheless. Be sure to consider any portaging you do in your reporting.
  • LPC020409
    LPC020409 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I’m really excited for this outing. Most of my co-workers have experience canoeing and I’m hoping that will motivate me to really paddle and get a good workout.