Plateau

Options
I lost 100 pounds almost 6 years ago... Thankfully it has never found me again! However I am trying to get rid of another 25-30. I CAN'T!! Try as I may!

A brief run down of my day to day life. I work for the airlines so I am on the road 4-6 days a week. I don't eat at the airports I try to bring my own foods generally I bring what I can cook on the plane which isn't much. I pack a potato with a tsp of butter and tblspn of sour cream. I bring 3 cans of campells low fat soup and eat half the can. I bring wheat thins and odwalla bars for snacking and bananas and apples. I drink about 1-1.5 liters of water a day.. no soda. When I get to the hotel I run about 20 minutes on the treadmill and walk 40. I lift weights if they are available.

I don't think im doing too badly I just feel like im destined to be a size 12 for life!!??

My BF will be back from Iraq in 3 months I would LOVE to loose the 30 but would be happy with 15! HELP! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Rebecca

Replies

• McRebecca
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds almost 6 years ago... Thankfully it has never found me again! However I am trying to get rid of another 25-30. I CAN'T!! Try as I may!

A brief run down of my day to day life. I work for the airlines so I am on the road 4-6 days a week. I don't eat at the airports I try to bring my own foods generally I bring what I can cook on the plane which isn't much. I pack a potato with a tsp of butter and tblspn of sour cream. I bring 3 cans of campells low fat soup and eat half the can. I bring wheat thins and odwalla bars for snacking and bananas and apples. I drink about 1-1.5 liters of water a day.. no soda. When I get to the hotel I run about 20 minutes on the treadmill and walk 40. I lift weights if they are available.

I don't think im doing too badly I just feel like im destined to be a size 12 for life!!??

My BF will be back from Iraq in 3 months I would LOVE to loose the 30 but would be happy with 15! HELP! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Rebecca
  • AshleySeay
    AshleySeay Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Where's the protein? Your muscles won't respond without the proper recovery elements, like protein and carbs. Your body is used to you dieting and doind whatever workout you do now. You have to change it up. Do higher intensity cardio, like swim if you can. And Do more weight and more reps. Push yourself!! Let the look your man is gonna get when he see's you face to face for the first time in a long time motivate you. How is it going to make you both feel when he wraps those arms around a tiny waist? Don't let the word plateau keep lingering in your head, you haven't platueaud. Your body just got bored! KICK IT BACK INTO GEAR!
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree with AshleySeay, you need protein. Skip the potato and bring 4 oz of low sodium turkey with you instead. For breakfast eat and egg w/ a slice of cheese and have on some 40 cal toast. Yummy---quick and easy!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Thanks Rebecca

Congrats on your boyfriend coming home from Iraq my husband just came home from is 3rd tour in Iraq back in July (15 months is soooo damn long)-- Congrats again- as for the plateau change up your routine a little I know that must be hard given you only have what the hotels supply- try doing squats and lunges and dips- and try running for a little longer with an incline- and grab protein bars or something it doesnt seem like your eating much protein at all- they have protein bars specialized for females out there as well. Good luck and dont get discouraged
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I commend you for loosing 100 pounds while traveling for a living. That's really tough. Anytime I have to go out of town for business or even on a vacation or visit, I just go to pieces. It sounds like you're really disciplined. I agree with the others, your protein intake is too low. You might also need to increase the intensity of your workouts.

Oh, and by the way, nothing wrong with a size 12 if you feel good and like the way that you look. Don't get too hung up on the numbers.

Great job on keeping that 100 pounds off with a difficult job and lifestyle, you're an inspiration:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    How many calories a day are you eating