Weight loss Advice NEEDED!!

Hello All,

I am 23 5'4 and 132 pounds. I think I am at the point where its going to be hard to lose the weight I want to lose. Also I have only been doing this for a month so maybe I just need patience. I want to lose at LEAST 15 or so pounds and tone up. I keep my calories around 1,200 and eat back a bit of my exercise calories and I avoid complex carbs such as bread, potatoes and ALL processed food and sugar.

I need advice on ways to kick up the weight loss!! ANY ideas are appreciated :) Please feel free to add me as a friend and check out my diary as well to advise about my diet.

Thanks!!

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    At that weight you probably can't loose weight AND tone up. Muscle weighs more than fat and so while you're toning up you'll be putting weight on.
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    At that weight I'd have thought focusing on toning rather than weight would probably get the better results.

Since hitting the gym & doing strength training my weight loss has slowed (plus I changed my goal to .5lb a week loss) but I'm losing inches and getting some nice tone.

But it will take patience!! Stick with it :smile: And drink water!!
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Since you're at a good weight for your height, you might want to focus more on getting smaller instead of losing weight. You could easily build muscle and burn fat, but not see much in the way of weight loss. Try using your measurements and Body fat % to measure success instead of the number on the scale.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    I'm the same height, and your current weight is my goal. A few years ago I was 130lbs and really toned ( I was a swimmer). I never could lose weight because all there was to lose was muscle! I don't know your body type, but I'd say focus less on the scale and more on your toning =] Cause right now you are great!