Work Out Video Suggestion

Options
Hi!
To put a long story short, I have been on a weight loss journey for over a year and lost a little over 50 pounds. I am now on maintenence mode! I am a runner and try to run 5 or 6 days a week for about 50 minutes. I want to start running every other day and incorporate a different work out on in between days that focuses more on strength training but also some cardio.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a work out video? I don't have much room and don't want to have to buy a lot of equipment. Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• kristineh86
    Options
    Hi!
    To put a long story short, I have been on a weight loss journey for over a year and lost a little over 50 pounds. I am now on maintenence mode! I am a runner and try to run 5 or 6 days a week for about 50 minutes. I want to start running every other day and incorporate a different work out on in between days that focuses more on strength training but also some cardio.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a work out video? I don't have much room and don't want to have to buy a lot of equipment. Thanks in advance!!
  • Periphria
    Periphria Posts: 358
    Options
    I love the "turbo Jam workouts and they have a weight training one that you just need some hand weights and off you go.

Good job losing all that weight.

:happy: :smile: :laugh: :smile: :laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I like taebo amped it comes with a weighted bar and 3-5 dvds that kick your butt- I also like the Firm you use medium dumbells that also comes with like 5 dvds I love it and even when I am on a time crunch and can only do like a 30 min workout they both have express workout options- I also got Yoga for beginners from the firm and pilates for beginners thats the firm as well-- I hear alot of people doing the biggest loser dvds I am gonna get one as well- I wouldnt mind getting jillian michaels kick butt workout dvd either-- Good job on your weightloss already
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I have to Core Rythms Videos and they are a lot of fun AND you can actually "feel" your workout the next day! Good luck and let us know what you come up with.
  • xtraquispe
    xtraquispe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE Turbo Jam and P90X!! If you want some info on purchasing them go to www.beachbodycoach.com/xtraquispe ... click on products ..... if you have ANY questions about any Beachbody program, you can e-mail me from that site! Good luck, and I am here to help!
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I really like the Tony Horton dvd's.....his P90 dvd's are really good and it takes you through 4 different levels of fitness...level 1 for beginners to level 4 for the advanced and everything inbetween.....he incorporates strength and cardio into his program....i highly recommed it.....I would also recommed any of Jillian Michaels dvd's as well....quite similar in style......

Congrats on your sucess :).......
  • ironweber717
    Options
    I do the Power 90 right now and will eventually graduate to P90X. Check out Turbo Jam. I'm considering getting it myself for a different workout.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I do the Power 90 right now and will eventually graduate to P90X. Check out Turbo Jam. I'm considering getting it myself for a different workout.

Good for you! P90 is a great workout system, and P90X is my favorite! I also love Turbo Jam and Slim in 6. I love a variety! :laugh:

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm also a runner and love the weight training that I've gotten from P90X. You don't need a lot of equipment, you can do them just from using resistance bands if you don't have weights. You need a chinup bar that you can use in your doorway (or use bands for the chinups also). P90 is also a great workout set that are a little less intense and a bit shorter than P90X.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jess