When to start P90X

Options
Julijulz
Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
Hey guys,

I have a question. I see a lot of you posting on here about P90X. So that means there must be a large amount of people doing it. I had a friend who did it, but she recommended to me that I shouldn't start it until I'm at least 20-30lbs within my goal weight range. Right now I'm about 80lbs from it. What would you guys suggest? I know any type of exercise will help the loss of weight, but what I want to know is will it be overly difficult for me to do P90X with the excess weight. Should I just stick with my fitness trainer and the gym? I want the best results. Let me know what you think. Any and everything helps. Tell me about yourselves and when you started it out. How has your journey been so far.

Replies

• emilylaura7
    Options
    I dont think you have to wait until youre a certain number of pounds from your goal weight. I still have 50 lbs to lose and I'm on week 3. I think if you want to do it, go for it! Alot of people lose more inches than pounds, but then again some do the exact opposite. You'll definitely feel yourself getting stronger and healthier even if that number on the scale doesnt go down much. I'd say go for it and give it your best shot! They also have different regimines that you can choose from, so you can do one round as the "lean" version, then another round as the "classic". etc etc. Good luck!!
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    What's great about P90X is that you can adjust the workouts to your current fitness level with no difficulty at all. You just use lighter weights or do less reps. I finished the workouts about 2 months ago and am currently doing Insanity (last 5 days!!) If you want a challenge, I'd say go for it. Do know, however, it is a big time committment. You are looking at an hour minimum 6/7 days a week. (The seventh day is always "rest" or X-Stretch--which I'd highly recommend. It's a great stretch.) I loved it, and will probably start doing a hybrid of Insanity and P90X in September. It's just too hot in my house for home workouts right now, so once I finish Insanity, I'll do a month at the gym trying out various classes, etc., and when the weather cools down go back to working out at home with a hybrid.
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    I was 75 pounds away from my goal weight when I started P90X. I started at 250 and now am down to 220. Get started, don't put it off. If you wait until you you are closer to your goal weight, you may never start it at all.

The thing with P90X is that it is an extreme workout, but you can always modify the workouts to your fitness level. Tony Horton stresses this throughout the workouts. The first two or three weeks are going to be tough, but once you start doing it, you will notice vast improvements with your body.

I'll leave you with one final thought....Tony says:
    "Get out of your head about it and just show up!"

Good luck to you and feel free to friend me if you'd like. Have a great day!
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for your insight. I think I'm going to start very soon.