Fitness Classes - Anyone else take them?

2»

Replies

• myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    i LOVE all the classes my gym offers. I take cardio camp (which is basically just a class that is straight cardio, its up to the instructor what to do, so it's always something different. yesterday we did stepping!), and i take an ab attack class, which is 30 minutes of nothing but straight ab work. I also take spin class (my new fave!!!) and Zumba! =)

i think taking classes is extremely beneficial. you push yourself harder (at least i do) when i am working out with other people, then when you are doing stuff alone at your house. AND it's 100x more fun to spin for an hour with music, an instructor yelling at you (in an encouraging way of course lol) and other people sweating around you, than trying to do it by yourself. i know i probably wouldn't last 30 minutes if i tried to do it myself, and also i wouldn't be pushing myself at the intensity and resistance that i do when im in class.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    yep! I get bored on machines and I've met some great people :) I go to Gold's and we have the Les Mills classes. Im a regular at Body Combat. Its a great workout and its cheaper than therapy I did Zumba for a while but quit when I found Combat. Hoping to become an instructor someday :)

I love the Les Mills programs so much that 4 years ago I became a Body Step instructor and last fall I became a Body Pump instructor. I also like the RPM and Body Flow programs.
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    i LOVE all the classes my gym offers. I take cardio camp (which is basically just a class that is straight cardio, its up to the instructor what to do, so it's always something different. yesterday we did stepping!), and i take an ab attack class, which is 30 minutes of nothing but straight ab work. I also take spin class (my new fave!!!) and Zumba! =)

i think taking classes is extremely beneficial. you push yourself harder (at least i do) when i am working out with other people, then when you are doing stuff alone at your house. AND it's 100x more fun to spin for an hour with music, an instructor yelling at you (in an encouraging way of course lol) and other people sweating around you, than trying to do it by yourself. i know i probably wouldn't last 30 minutes if i tried to do it myself, and also i wouldn't be pushing myself at the intensity and resistance that i do when im in class.

Agreed! It's so much better when there are others around me -- especially if I convince my friends to take the same class!
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Spin shoes just have clips on the soles so that you lock on to the pedals instead of using the toe cages. I find they keep my knees straight and also make it easier to do the pull up motion - you will love them for the sprints! They aren't cheap (mine were $90) but since I only wear them i the spin room, they'll last for years.
    Wonderful! Thank you for letting me know about those! It'll be helpful to prevent me from slipping (which I've done several times in the last 2 classes).
This discussion has been closed.