If your starting weight was over 200lbs....

Options

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 232 and I've only lost 4 pounds and I already am seeing a difference. My face kinda thinned out, compared to how round it was and my waist is smaller.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I noticed after about 20 lbs... cause my now husband kept finding new places he seemed to like to grab onto lol. At first it was my waist, then my hips, and now he can't keep him hands off my butt lol.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I had lost 20lbs and was saying when is it my turn to see a difference. I was still wearing my biggest jeans, even after 20lbs were gone. As weird as it may sound after 25ish lbs I did a side by side picture comparison and was happy with the difference. My biggest jeans still fit, 42lbs lost now, but are a loose fit rather than a "lay flat suck in and TRY to zip" fit :) Everyone looses differently, I think my rear and "tire" will be the last things to go :/ But as long as they go eventually, I'll be ok with my progress :)

Great job on your weight loss!!
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It usually takes around 30 lbs for others and myself to physically notice, but I can start noticing a difference in the way my clothes fit from the first couple of pounds. I've lost 11 and can fit into my favorite shorts again! (still tight, so not a perfect fit:wink:) Especially if you are tall it takes a while to physically see results... I'm 5'11'' and have a big frame, so yeah, it usually takes 30 lbs or so for the difference to be noticeable.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I still struggle to see it and I;ve lost 85lbs. The best way I can see it is in pictures and in my clothes.In looking at myself I dont really see it in my face, or in my body as much. I try so hard too and I think after a while of staring my mind says "Oh yea theres a difference" but that could be my mind playing tricks on me LOL.

Congrats on losing 26lbs though, that in itself is amazing. Dont get discouraged and definitely DON'T GIVE UP!!!! You will see results little by little. It's harder for us to see it because we see ourselves everyday. Be encouraged

Yep this is how I feel most days. Sad but true. Its all how you see yourself.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the responses. In due time in due time.
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have now lost over 60 lbs and I have a really really hard time seeing it. I see it in my face and I can see my collar bones now but that is about it. Everybody tells me that they can see it like crazy but I can't. I am still waiting to see it. So hang in there. I am sure we will both start seeing it soon enough. Hang in there! Even if I can't see it...I can feel it!!! :bigsmile: But I have gone from a size 18 to a 12. I started out at 240lb and am at 179 now.
    That's great! I wanna be like you!
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I really think it depends on your body composition... if you have a lot of external fat deposits then you will be able to see changes quickly but if you have more internal fat, around your organs and muscles, then you will have a slightly harder time seeing the differences. Granted by losing weight you will reduce both areas so eventually you will see a change. Also the rate at which your skin bounces back makes a huge difference too. I started at 268.7 and as of this morning I am now 229.2 and SOME areas of my skin have started to firm back up but that is the part that is taking the longest. That nasty skin from yo-yo dieting makes all your efforts go right out the window.

Some people have noticed my weight loss and others are either too self involved or stubborn to say that they see any changes at all. I started to notice as soon as I looked in the mirror one morning and actually saw the me I used to see. My health had been so bad that I didn't even look like myself anymore. No sparkle in my eye, black circles under my eyes, skin discoloration around the mouth, down turned corners of the lips... I just looked unhappy and unhealthy before. Now I feel more like me again.
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I started at 240 and it took 30lb lost before co workers noticed it. I've lost 44lbs to date.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I started at 217, and I'm now at 183. In the last couple of weeks, I've had other people who didn't know I was doing the whole working out and working with a dietitian thing tell me that I'm losing weight. I still am way overweight, but I know I'm getting there. Slowly, doing things the right way.

I don't remember exactly when I started to notice the difference myself. It was probably when I was down about 15lbs or so. That was also when I started to see a difference in the belly overhang. Then again, I see myself without my clothes on, and there is only one other person who sees that. He did point out the difference in my rear end that I hadn't noticed, right about that same time.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I started at around 202, so only just over the 200lbs mark but I still don't see a difference in the 140's. I think that because mine was such a slow process, I haven't seen the changes (although my friends and coworkers etc certainly have). What's worrying me is that I'll never see the change. I can look back on the pictures of me at my biggest and know I'm not that big now but when I look in the mirror I feel it. It's so strange but I hope when I reach my GW I will feel changed.

If you truly cannot see the change, you may want to consider seeking professional help. Many of us suffer from Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), it's more common than you might think and can easily lead to anorexia if not addressed. After viewing your pictures, the difference is obvious, congratulations!
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I started at 254 prior to giving birth. So far I am down 49 pounds and aside from some smaller clothes I can not tell the difference yet nor has any one aside from my mother noticed. :( Oh well ........I am doing this for me!
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I started at 233.5 in May..I'm now 210. My clothes are loose, but like most people who've been over-weight, you still see the same face in the mirror, day in and day out. I need to get my husband to start taking weekly pics of my face and body, just so I can see the changes myself. I lost over 100 lbs years ago, and even when I was skinny, I still saw a fat girl in the mirror.. For people like me who have been this way the majority of their lives, it's hard to notice changes. You aren't alone! Let's get our sexy back! :)
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Great job on your journey so far!! I started my weight loss at 260...and I would go back and forth with if I really noticed a difference or not. My family was always very encouraging and complimented me a lot, but unfortunately at such a high weight it took awhile for people to really notice I was losing! I think I had to lose about 40 lbs before I really had lots of people asking me about it. I've worked at the same store for a long time and one of my regular customers JUST said something to me about it the other day...after I lost 100 lbs. She said, "you've lost weight" and I said, "uh yeah!!!" hahaha. Just keep going and you will notice it more and more and so will all the others!
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I started here in March at 248lbs ive lost 30 and just started noticing a difference in how i look, still dont like it and still have a long way to go, people keep commenting on my @ss waist and legs but they dont see me every single day, keep going you can do this x
  • nicbic123
    nicbic123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i started at 229 and am now 222....so i am still waiting to notice the difference!
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i officially started at 215 pounds i didnt notice until i hit about 195 but when i would send pics of me and my son to my friends on my phone they noticed because my face was shrinking lol:wink:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    i started at 229 too and i can tell in my before/progress pics that i take. but it is frustrating sometimes. i wish i could really tell that i've lost TWENTY THREE lbs. lol. that's 10% of my body! good luck!
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have lost 88 lbs (82 on MFP) and some days I still have trouble seeing it. I should have kept some of my fat clothes for a pick-me-up... but I have some of my 3rd string fat clothes that are getting too big, so I guess that in itself should be enough. When I hit 80 lb loss I really noticed a skinnier me.... It was one day in the shower I touched my own *kitten* and realized there was only half as much there (like when you get your hair cut off and run your fingers through it expecting there to be more there). I basked in that for a while, but now have started seeing myself as still fat... not as fat, but still fat. I have 40 lbs to go, so time to step it up!
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I just wrote about this yesterday...I started at 215 and I'm 202 now...and I see a diff. in my waist, but not much else. My clothes are looser, but through my eyes....there's not much diff.