Newbie on a Mission

Options
Just started on myfitnesspal yesterday at the recommendation of a really good friend. Love the website. And really LOVE that this is FREE !!

I call my Mission the 5F project. I'll be 49 in a few weeks, which means I'll be turning 50 in roughly 60weeks. My goal is to be a Fit, Fierce, Fabulous Female at Fifty. My goal is to loose 110#. I may not make it by Aug 29, 2012 ... but I plan to be pretty doggone close.

Would love to hear from other women roundabout my age who have lost a 100+ lbs ... or who are like me ... working on it.

Replies

• BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have more than that to lose , I will be 48 next month and my goal is to be at my goal weight by the time I am 50. I have been on MFP for nearly 6 weeks and have enjoyed every minute of it. So forward we go on our healty journey to be FIT, FIERCE, FABULOUS FEMALE AT FIFTY.
  • CUGranny04
    CUGranny04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi BGabbart,

To keep myself mentally / emotionally focused for this JOURNEY, I made myself a mini-poster ... just 8 1/2 x11 ... and used clip art and google images of things I really love or want to pursue in my 50's. Then I printed it out and taped it to the mirror in my bedroom so that I see it every morning.

I am not a visually artistic person, but the images are so "personalized", that I have found it to be really inspirational. if you haven't done something like that ... give it try and tell me how your's turns out

:flowerforyou: Be blessed,
    Sharon in SC
  • chocolatesweat
    Options
    Fit, Fierce, Fabulous Female at Fifty ← I luv it! Welcome!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have over 100+ to lose and to KEEP OFF. I am 51 so I'm shooting for all those f's at 52. Well I won't have lost it all by then but I will be well on my way. So if you'd like some company please feel free to add me.
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ lbs to lose. I'm only 28 so the Fabulous at Fifty does not apply but I do hope that when I'm fifty I will be fabulous and that does start now!
  • CUGranny04
    CUGranny04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Pitt Bull Mama,

Thanks for commenting on my 5F post. We are all in this thing together !! I wish you all the best.

I am sending you an invite to be my friend, so that we can continue to encourage one another.

God bless you every day,
    Sharon in SC, aka CUGranny04