Any runner from or living in Anaheim?

Options
Hi everyone...I will be in Anaheim for 10 days for work, and I'm hoping to get some suggestions/tips on where to safely run outdoors while I'm there. I need a good 10-mile loop, if possible. I will be staying near Disney, and I will have access to a car. I will be running solo, so safety is my number one concern. Anyone have any tips? Thanks!

Replies

• Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I live in Anaheim Hills (about 10 miles from D-Land), but I'm not much of a runner.

As for a running loop, I would avoid the Disney area. The resort areas is pretty nice but some of the neighborhoods that border it are a little less than desirable. Plus there is a lot of traffic which will mess with your pace.

My suggestion would be to investigate the Santa Ana River Trail starting at Anaheim Stadium/Honda Center and heading North. This is fairly well traveled by runners and cyclists. Going North keeps you in the better neighborhoods.

Another suggestion is to go down to the beach and run the paths along the ocean. Huntington Beach is only about a 20-30 minute drive from the resort area.
  • BrianaLyn123
    Options
    Hey, Kolohe71, thanks for the tip - the Santa Ana River Trail sounds like it might be a good fit for me. Thanks again!