My deployment challange to myself...

Options
So i've been thinking about doing this for the past few days but just keep putting it off... actually it's probably more like running away from the responsibility i have to myself during this prime oppertunity.

I am currently on a 4 month deployment to the desert (no worries no place extremely bad... just can't say where though). In the next 4 months I have decided that i would like to make an attempt at loosing 10lbs. I actually have a pretty top of the line fitness facility available to me and a somewhat decent choice in food at our dining facility... I am also lucky enough to have my supportive husband here with me at the same time... he's wonderful at pushing me to go to the limits when i am willing to do so!

My plan is to do a little accountability type thing here (if people don't mind) so i keep on track. It's super easy for me to just hide out and make excuses, but i'm tired of making excuses and not following through. I am determined to do it this time for myself!!! :drinker: :happy:

Replies

• kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So i've been thinking about doing this for the past few days but just keep putting it off... actually it's probably more like running away from the responsibility i have to myself during this prime oppertunity.

I am currently on a 4 month deployment to the desert (no worries no place extremely bad... just can't say where though). In the next 4 months I have decided that i would like to make an attempt at loosing 10lbs. I actually have a pretty top of the line fitness facility available to me and a somewhat decent choice in food at our dining facility... I am also lucky enough to have my supportive husband here with me at the same time... he's wonderful at pushing me to go to the limits when i am willing to do so!

My plan is to do a little accountability type thing here (if people don't mind) so i keep on track. It's super easy for me to just hide out and make excuses, but i'm tired of making excuses and not following through. I am determined to do it this time for myself!!! :drinker: :happy:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Well, as a member of Soldiers' Angels...an organization that sends letters and care packages to deployed troops, first and foremost I need to say THANK YOU for your service to this country. And as a former army wife, I know how hard it can be to get some items that you need during a deployment, and it can be even more difficult to get healthy foods.

At the very least, I'd love for you to add me as a friend and I can serve as an accountability partner for you, but I'd also like to send you some healthy snacks as a small token of my appreciation for your service. Please private message me if you would like to receive a care package from home and would be willing to share your address (I know this may not be allowed depending on where you are and because of the fact that you don't know me at all...but I wanted to put the offer on the table...)

Thanks again and best wishes for your fitness goals!
  • kimmerlyjo
    Options
    You have know idea how much that means to me! Honestly i am just doing my part!
    thank you so much!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Thank you to you & your husband for your service! I hope you both stay safe during your deployment! This is a great site with wonderful people that are very supportive! I'm sure you'll be successful! Best of luck!
  • kimmerlyjo
    Options
    soooooo first day was pretty successful! got off work at 0600 and went back to my room and did my arm work out video along with weights that i brought along with me. Went to sleep and got back up and hit the gym right away for 20 minutes on the elyptical and 15 minutes on the stationary bike. Lunch consited of a whole wheat wrap with small ammount of meat and loads of veggies (don't worry no mayo). Dinner consited of a taco salad (no chips or any extras). My mid shift snack was some kashi crunch cereal with skim milk... i'm planning on some oatmeal and a green apple for breakfast about 0500 and hitting up a power pump class at the gym when i get off work. If i can keep this up pretty much everyday i should be good!

Thanks for the support guys!
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say Thank You :heart: :flowerforyou:

I'm a veteren and I know how far a Thank You goes. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Especially when you are over there. I have 3 tours under my belt so I wish you and your spouse a safe tour. That damn sand does get every where doesn't it? :bigsmile: