TOM & Exercise Question

Options
I've noticed that since I've amped up my strength training that my cramps aren't as bad as they have been in the past. When I was regularly working out a few years ago I noticed that my period was lighter, ended sooner and cramps were pretty rare (PMS was at a minimum too!).

I am definitely not complaining about it - just noticed this month in particular.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar....

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It happened to me. I was very happy at first, until my next TOM came... TWO WEEKS EARLIER!

I'm gettin' it twice a month now. Each period is lighter and shorter in duration, but this is still very very bad. Gonna see the doc after my current TOM is over... wait, it's not "time of the MONTH" anymore for me, is it? :(
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Maybe you aren't as cramp because of how this works. When you have a cramp in general and you stretch out the area it helps make it better... Well, you're working out when you have cramps so you don't end up really noticing them as much? I'm not sure. I've never really had cramps.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Maybe you aren't as cramp because of how this works. When you have a cramp in general and you stretch out the area it helps make it better... Well, you're working out when you have cramps so you don't end up really noticing them as much? I'm not sure. I've never really had cramps.

I never had cramps or anything until after I turned 30, so I did do yoga for a long time. I haven't been doing yoga lately - just amped up my strength training (with the help of my wonderful fiance!).

I'm really happy about the lack of cramps because that *kitten* sucks!!!! LOL