achieving a flat stomach

Options
Just looking for some advice, im not really in need of losing alot of weight, as i am a healthy weight for my height now (5ft 8, 140 1lbs around 10 stone), but my stomach seems to be the only place i cant fully lose that last bit of weight of. I am aiming to get a flat toned stomach. I have started working out again, i aim to do cardio 3 times a week by a mixture of bike, running and swimming and then do cicruit style workouts twice a week, with some kind of weights built into it. Just wondering if there's any advice on specific exercise and workouts i can do to help.

Replies

• rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, weight train (heavy), throw in some cardio, and be patient :)
    I do hanging knee raises, lying leg raises, and seated ab crunch machine, all of which I have found to help strengthen my abdominal area, but the clean eating is what keeps the fat off so you can see the results.
  • spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    Still working hard on getting rid of the last bit of fat on my body, but its hard when your trying to maintain and build muscle at the same time.

S1930004.jpg
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Have you consider to try a dvd like Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack, or P90X Ab ripper? They both target the stomach.
    Im doing the first and Im going to try the second one as well soon, and Ive heard a lot of good about both.
  • bgredenbaugh
    bgredenbaugh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My friend, Cyndi, swears by belly dancing! Yes, belly dancing. It's both cardio and a toning regime for the mid-section.
  • spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    yeah I'm actually doing the 30DS right now, started on level 2 today was pretty intense but a good workout, i also go running and do weights, i know its going to take time to get that last bit of fat off, but I'm trying to maintain my weight right now as i am at a good weight now for my height, just trying to tone my stomach is a challenge