UK Runners - What events are you doing?

Options
mikeyrp
mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
Wondered if any MFP runners were doing any of the same runs as me, and if so if they wanted to meet up at the event?

Bedford 10 Km, Sunday 4th September 2011
http://www.bedfordharriers.co.uk/PDF FILES 1/10K_Entry_Form_2011[1].pdf

9th October 2011 – Peterborough ½ Marathon
http://www.perkinsgreateasternrun.co.uk/

15th April 2012 - Brighton Marathon
http://brightonmarathon.co.uk/

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    im doing the royal parks half marathon in october and the brighton marathon next year
  • MaryElizabeth10
    Options
    I'm doing The Great North Run, in September, bit far from your events though!
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Suzy - let me know if you want to meet up at Brighton. I'm doing that one for the 'Brighton and hove federation of disabled people'.

Are you running for a charity or yourself?
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the Coventry half marathon in October this year. That's all I have planned so far but would like to get a few more sorted to give me targets to aim for.

I was looking into the "wolf" run earlier today but not sure if I'm being a little to ambitious. (. http://www.thewolfrun.com/. )
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    "wolf" run looks fun... not sure I can make it this year as I'm scheduled to be with my customer is Argentina that weekend but its a nice goal for 2012
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    Suzy - let me know if you want to meet up at Brighton. I'm doing that one for the 'Brighton and hove federation of disabled people'.

im running it with a couple of friends. Im going to try and raise money for my kids nursery, its a special needs nursery :o)

Im doing the royal parks half for a local autism charity
  • mikeyrp
    Options

im running it with a couple of friends. Im going to try and raise money for my kids nursery, its a special needs nursery :o)

Im doing the royal parks half for a local autism charity

Really? My Mum is a special needs teacher - where are you based?
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    Colchester, Essex
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Hursley 10k in Sept and was going to do the New Forest half marathon also in sept, but it turns out it's the same day, so as my friends are all doing the 10k, I'm doing it instead. I am looking for a half marathon in Oct, as I don't think I am going to get much time to run over the holidays and I need an incentive to get back into it once school starts back.
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    royal parks is oct 9th fredi
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    there are still charity places left
  • Delboy1961
    Delboy1961 Posts: 26
    Options
    Bristol Half Marathon on September 11th
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    there are still charity places left

So there are! Eeeek
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    i am possibly not doing brighton anymore..............
  • mcc75
    mcc75 Posts: 72
    Options
    Hey peeps..check out the 'majors series'
    Looks like fun sponsered by british military fitness what i do
    Cant do majors though as its the day before birmingam half marathon...due to a christening commitment i could not do Bham last yr and had tp settle for wolverhamprton half marathon (dull) sorry for any wolves people but the turnout was poor
    so its Bham HM for me only