Liquid Lap Band?

Options
So I saw an ad for it and looked into it because the actual procedure is just so expensive. I've changed my eating and I exercise to the best of my ability. I also acknowledge that the natural way is the best way. I really need a boost. I'm steadily losing weight, 23 lbs since January to be exact. I'd like to get under 400, and I am close, but the exercise is taking it's toll on my body. I'm asthmatic, have sleep apnea, and a ton of food allergies (including Celiac's). I'm not trying to cop-out. I've done enough of that in my life. What I am doing is looking to supplement while already doing the right things. I don't plan on replacing exercise. I'd just like to accelerate the weight loss so that my body can continue tolerating the lifestyle changes I'm trying to make. So, fast forward to the reason I'm posting. I saw this thing for the liquid lap band. I assume it's too good to be true. It costs between 400-600 American. However upon further investigation the active ingredients are xanthan and guar gum (to make you feel full) and a craving suppressant. I can buy those items for $20-30. So I guess what I am asking is if anyone has tried this, and if they had any sort of success. I don't want to be berated for looking into this either. (Whether I do it or not I plan to continue with diet and exercise) As stated above, I recognize and will be the first to admit that the traditional way is the best way to go.

Replies

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    you are certainly on the right track with food and exercise. There is nothing wrong with looking at options that may assist you in this struggle. Although i have never heard of these items perhaps a discussion with your doctor would be good idea.
    Keep on working hard.....you are heading in the right direction!
  • landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track with Diet and exercise. But I want to clear one thing up... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH CHOOSING WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY! Especially at over 400 pounds!

I got the feeling you were apologizing for even thinking about it before you even started posting. I am a very successful lap-band patient. I tried for years to lose in on my own. and I did lose it on these diets that you are looking into now... with this new thing and that new thing... BUT IT ALWAYS CAME BACK! I always gained it back... and FAST!

You want to lose weight fast? or faster then 23 pounds in 6 months? you need WLS. I lost 20 pounds in my first two weeks and at least 2 pounds every week after that for 10 solid months. I am 10 months out and 133 pounds down. My starting weight was 373...

It's expensive? yes it is. Do you have insurance? My surgery and all my after care was covered 100%. I only had to pay a co-pay of $250.00 the day of my surgery.

Don't have insurance? Get it. It is worth it. I pay $500.00 a month for BOTH my husband and myself and I see the doctor for everything! So does my husband. It is amazing insurance and worth every penny!

I wish you luck and if you have any questions... please message me.

also try:

www.obesityhelp.com
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I had the lap band surgery may 2010, I will tell you, I lost weight in the begining, but then gained some back. I am back on track now since finding this website and am losing again. Getting a band is just a tool. You still have to eat the right foods and exercise, which you are doing.

I think the band is a great tool and it will help you out so much, but you have to do what is right for you. I have never heard of the liquid band so I can not speak about that, but if you would like to chat more I am here to help and so is everyone else. Keep up the good work, and let me know if I can help