Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My bracelet motivation trick

There are times when I feel I am wavering a bit from my healthy lifestyle. So I went out and bought some cheap bangle bracelets (gold, silver and black). I stack them on my right wrist - BLACK for WATER, GOLD for FRUIT, and SILVER for VEGGIES. I usually stack 6 black, 3 gold and lots of silver. Throughout the day, as I have a serving of any of the three, I move the bracelet from the right wrist to the left. I know how far I have to go. I do this when I may not have access to my food diary for the day or traveling. Sometimes I do it just to keep me honest. It can be as customized to you as you want it to be. Hope it helps!!

Replies

• yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Nice idea :)
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    I do bracelets too, but fabric ones the kids have made, I have one on my wrist for each 10lbs I want to lose, every 10 lbs I cut one off, feels good to see them go!!
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Sounds pretty cool and yet fashionable!
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 236 Member
    That's a cool idea!
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    I love both ideas!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • vodkaswigger
    vodkaswigger Posts: 467
    I do bracelets too, but fabric ones the kids have made, I have one on my wrist for each 10lbs I want to lose, every 10 lbs I cut one off, feels good to see them go!!

Love this, how fab xx
  • JoinerMaus
    JoinerMaus Posts: 44
    Great ideas! Thanks!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    This is AMAZINGLY smart...I love it, now only to find bracelets that I can slip over my hand. They get stuck on my bone by my thumb...hopefully not for long. :) I can modify this idea.
  • heatherseona
    heatherseona Posts: 49 Member
    I have heard that people add them on as they lose weight as a reminder of where they have been and not to go back.
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Those are both awesome ideas...thanks!!!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    I found them at the dollar store. No worries if they break. It's cheap yet practical.
  • Nicole_0001
    Nicole_0001 Posts: 1 Member

I love this!! Im going to try with anklets :)
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    I love this!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Great ideas for a visual reminder..... I could use something about now! :sad: :grumble:

Thanks and best of luck to everyone! :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    I LOVE these ideas!! gonna have to get me some bracelets!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • iamhopeful
    iamhopeful Posts: 25
    I have heard that people add them on as they lose weight as a reminder of where they have been and not to go back.

I like this adding them idea a lot too! As I think on this concept, it could also be a goal to "earn" a bracelet for every 5 or 10 pounds lost, depending on your weight loss goals (especially if you invest a small 10k , 14k or sterling silver kind) huh? And if you gain the 10 pounds back, you have to take it off as a "punishment" and restart again! I may really have to try this!
  • K251
    K251 Posts: 15 Member
    I thought I was the only one who did that! I actually wear a ring on my thumb to remind me to eat healthy...when ever I'm tempted I just look at my ring. Surprisingly it works :)
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Dang! You women are amazing with your ideas!
    Now I have to figure out what colour, how many and am I counting up and / or down! Time to make a statement with new jewelry that has a purpose (that's how I am going to sell it to my husband!)

:tongue:
  • landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member

love this idea!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Anyone try the bracelet trick? What do you think?