My bracelet motivation trick

Options
There are times when I feel I am wavering a bit from my healthy lifestyle. So I went out and bought some cheap bangle bracelets (gold, silver and black). I stack them on my right wrist - BLACK for WATER, GOLD for FRUIT, and SILVER for VEGGIES. I usually stack 6 black, 3 gold and lots of silver. Throughout the day, as I have a serving of any of the three, I move the bracelet from the right wrist to the left. I know how far I have to go. I do this when I may not have access to my food diary for the day or traveling. Sometimes I do it just to keep me honest. It can be as customized to you as you want it to be. Hope it helps!!
The dollar store has them cheap!

Replies

• anemoneflynn
    Options
    Great idea!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    That's a great idea!
  • mbb0301
    mbb0301 Posts: 33
    Options
    That's an awesome idea!
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Very clever I love it! and so fashionable =)
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    very good idea!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea for H2O!! I always lose track.
  • fowlmeli1093
    fowlmeli1093 Posts: 199
    Options
    I like this idea!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Great Idea!
  • cbaines74
    cbaines74 Posts: 77
    Options
    :wink: Awesome idea!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i LOVE THIS!!! OMG YOU ARE SO SMART!!!! =] !
  • iamhopeful
    iamhopeful Posts: 25
    Options
    QUOTE:

"I have heard that people add them on as they lose weight as a reminder of where they have been and not to go back. "

I like this adding them idea a lot too! As I think on this concept, it could also be a goal to "earn" a bracelet for every 5 or 10 pounds lost, depending on your weight loss goals (especially if you invest a small 10k , 14k or sterling silver kind) huh? And if you gain the 10 pounds back, you have to take it off as a "punishment" and restart again! I may really have to try this! :smile:
  • PamalaJoy
    PamalaJoy Posts: 8
    Options
    Great idea! I think I'll try it for exercise and water. My two weaknesses! LOL
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Anyone try the bracelet trick yet? What did you think?
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I went to buy some 5 times now and they seem to be sold out all the time!! 4 different stores! I'm going to though!