fiber one bars

Options
mcsolis
mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
so does anyone have any opinions on these fiber one protein bars i was thinking of getting some today but wanted to get the insight. Do they really keep you full

Replies

• marmee232
    marmee232 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes they do, especially if you drink your water. Great tasting also
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    No more than any other granola type bar in my opinion. They are good though and the fiber does help digestion! Beware of gas when you eat them!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    they may do those things....but in the long run, wouldn't you just like to eat real foods? Sweet protein bars just set me up to want more sweet carb type foods.....

just a thought :blushing:
  • misjes1
    misjes1 Posts: 18
    Options
    The Fiber One Oats and Chocolate Bars are tasty and keep me full. They arent something you should eat before a date though....catch what I am sayin??
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    They are great! The brownies are tasty as well.
  • hendricksonpower
    Options
    Honestly i LOVE the brownie fiber one bars. Thay are so yummy and only 90 calories. It was hard at first to remember that it was only a snack and one was enough but as you go along your journey things get easier and that wasw one of the tings that was easier for me. Now they are so satisfying for me. Gives me the brownie kick i wanted and thay dont have tons of sugar. Just enough. Best wishes!
  • bac0s
    bac0s Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't eat more than 1 a day!
  • misjes1
    misjes1 Posts: 18
    Options
    Yes, beware of the gas-ola!
  • Maggie5050
    Maggie5050 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat them regularly. They are only 90 calories and I do find that when I get some hungry pangs, these work great and will hold me over until my next meal. I just love them.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    They're very tasty, but be sure you open some windows after you eat them! Holy gas batman.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    They're pretty good, especially for granola, but I agree with everyone else, be aware of gas, and maybe some really loose stools, especially if you don't eat a lot of fiber already. Nice surprises there..
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    well they do keep you full, but I eat Kashi, protein and fiber, they are natural,no HFCS
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    They are YUMMY and do keep my fuller longer, but yes, as everyone else has said, the gas, oh man! Don't eat more than one or you'll have major issues! :)

Also, I actually prefer the Fiber Plus bars over the Fiber One.. less carbs to begin with (I'm diabetic) and the same amount of fiber and actually tastier to me! And I find them cheaper in the stores! Good luck!!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time until I figured out that my husband was going to divorce me if that type of gas continued. I read somewhere that the body has trouble breaking down that type of fiber as compared to the fiber found in natural sources. Don't know if that's true, I just know they bloat me and I stink. TMI....but the truth :-/

edit: wrote protein instead of fiber.
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    They're super yummy! But I usually don't like to eat them unless I am planning on having a really light day in terms of calories. They pack about 150 cals which is a lot for a small granola bar! There are a lot more options out there with fewer cals that taste just as good! Just depends what you like...
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    haha thx everyone for the insight and thx for letting me know the "effects" haha this made me laugh
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time until I figured out that my husband was going to divorce me if that type of gas continued. I read somewhere that the body has trouble breaking down that type of fiber as compared to the fiber found in natural sources. Don't know if that's true, I just know they bloat me and I stink. TMI....but the truth :-/

Yeah, I heard this also. They are extremely delicious, but even one of the little 90 calorie bars gives me the worst gas pains imaginable - I just want to rip out my intestines. Sucks.. Because I really liked them.
  • lucythe
    lucythe Posts: 33
    Options
    Yes they are filling and the fiber has the desired effect. With a glass of almond milk, it makes a nice light lunch, especially if you're on the go. (no pun intended.)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    ??? I never get gas from these - weird!
  • amhamlin
    amhamlin Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Yeah, I heard this also. They are extremely delicious, but even one of the little 90 calorie bars gives me the worst gas pains imaginable - I just want to rip out my intestines. Sucks.. Because I really liked them.

All of this is true.. I bought a huge box at Costco and my husband & I had to quit eating them. I googled them and saw some other ppl having major gas and bloating. I was totally bummed because they are HECK OF yummmmy!