Workout Tips!

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for work outs at home that burn calories? I am a single mother and my babysittin arrangements are very limited in the evening when I get off and lately it's been WAY too hot for my daughter to be outside. Any suggestions??

Replies

• Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Go to the library and check out some workout videos for you and some books for your daughter too... Make it a treat for the both of you :D

~A
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    why not get a workout dvd at walmart or something they are inexpensive and so worth it in the end. I work out at home also because i am a stay at home mom and i use netflix work out videos
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but of course, there are a ton of DVDs. If you have Netflix, there are a number of streaming workouts you can get on there. Also, you can find a wealth of exercise videos online. I like to mix it up, so this works well for me. Sometimes, I just do my own thing, with a mixture of calisthenics and free weights. Jump roping is a great burn, if you have the space to do it inside.

Good luck!
  • anjarrett2
    anjarrett2 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm wondering if there are work out sessions on my cable box..I have comcast and have access to on-demand! I will have to look! Thanks for the suggestions!
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm a single, working mother of 4 daughters and my suggestion is an aerobics video. Jillian Michaels makes a few great ones (ie. 30 day shred etc.). They're fairly cheap to purchase and this way you can still be inside and with your daughter and depending on her age, I find sometimes they like to "copy" the movements their Mommy makes. It can be fun for them as well.

I hope that helped even just a little!

Chere
    (aka kids183)
  • CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Workout dvd's are great. On-demand through your cable should have some if you have access to it. Or just put on some great music and dance around with your daughter, that's a GREAT workout and it's fun. I do that with my girls and they love it!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I believe there are some on Comcast. I am bummed because we have Directv and no channels that i can find that are strictly exercise. There are some that come on with shows throughout the day byt nothing devoted to exercise, unless I've missed something!
    The library is a great resource as well as online as others have said. Wii or Xbox have great exercise games that are fun (f you can afford the games). Jsut sitting on a large exericse ball while watching tv helps tone you or you can play with your daughter on it. I ahve the Jilian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Workouts are about 25 minutes and you work up a sweat!!!!!
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Check out a website called bodyrock.tv - she posts new workouts several times a week - it is free, and uses very little equipment - what she does use for equipment can be modified from things around the house. The workouts are very short, but very intense. I have been getting great results!
  • TheSarahHill
    TheSarahHill Posts: 185
    Options
    Workout dvd's are great. On-demand through your cable should have some if you have access to it. Or just put on some great music and dance around with your daughter, that's a GREAT workout and it's fun. I do that with my girls and they love it!

I love your type of exercise, I believe in doing things the fun way too! -

Lateral Thigh Trainers are very good too, they are like a stepper, you can pick them up really cheap on ebay and they can easily fit under the bed and in storage cupboards when not in use. xx
  • vee_b
    vee_b Posts: 2
    Options
    I use my daughter Wii, I bought the wii balancing board and it came with the workout game. I do 30 minutes strength training daily.....it comes with running, yoga and other training exercise. Love it.... It actually calculates the calories burn.