5 hour energy drink

Options
I just tried my first 5 hour energy drink about an hour ago. I feel less tired and more alert. The strange thing is that the sore muscles I had seem to also feel less sore. Is this something to do with the niacin, the B6/B12, or the caffeine in the drink? Just curious if anyone has any info on this kind of drink for workouts.

Replies

• 50lbsoverwt
    Options
    Hey! I drink the 5 hour energy drinks before I go to work. I have to get up at 0400 - 0430 to be at work around 0500. I get plenty of sleep, but am not adjusted to the am shift work very easy. I'm a new dialysis RN so I'm always on my feet. I have never tried them for workouts, but they work great for me when I have to work.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I had them once or twice when I was working graveyard or rotating shift but if I had one of front of me now I wouldn't have it. I get enough energy from workout out and eating better.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I personally believe it is the b vitamins. I take b vitamins not ina drink form and they always tend to give me alittle more of aboost then if i dont take them. Plus it could be the caffinee, but to me it only has as much as a cup of coffee which isnt much
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I've tried them several times & they don't seem to work for me! If anything I may feel a little better for maybe a half hour or so & then I'm more tired than before.

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • loveofabullet
    Options
    I drink about one a day and hate myself for it. I had a caffine addiction that I kicked and then got right back off the wagon with 5 hour energy. I am at the point where it gives me just enough to perk up and start my work out, but on the days that I don't drink one I feel like crap - a common side effect of all energy drink abusers.

I don't know how well it will work for you, but since 5 hour energy is only enough to get me started, I had to find something else to keep me going throughout my work out - I use a protien shot available from Wal*Mart. It is orange flavored and sold in a test tube like design.

Good luck.

Das
  • jp09m
    jp09m Posts: 89
    Options
    its all three of them. b6 and niacin expand your arteries and blood vessels to allow more blood flow. b12 speeds it up, allowing more blood to flow to your muscles, increasing the oxygen in the muscles, there for aiding in their recovery.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    The disadvantage to the 5hr energy is the cafeine. Cafeine dehydrates you so you need to drink more water.

I prefer to take vitamin B Complex via pill form and skip the cafeine.

Best of Luck!
  • jp09m
    jp09m Posts: 89
    Options
    you goals happen to catch my attention. congrats on loosing 39 lbs, thats awesome! i see you worte (ill be happy with this)....

DONT STOP THERE! you have the power to change. youve made it almost half way, why quit now!? keep up the hard work, it will soon pay off.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    you goals happen to catch my attention. congrats on loosing 39 lbs, thats awesome! i see you worte (ill be happy with this)....

DONT STOP THERE! you have the power to change. youve made it almost half way, why quit now!? keep up the hard work, it will soon pay off.

I meant i would be happy to be 150.. but would like to lose more. because 150 is my "final" Goal