nature valley/kashi products??

Options
are the nature valley granola bars good for you? if not any good alternatives? i also like the kashi stuff what about those?

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Just watch the sugar!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    i use them as a snack, or even a dessert sometimes! i like the almond and granola ones from nature valley as snacks, and i like the chocolate and yogurt ones for dessert. :)
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think they're ok, I used to eat the kashi high protein cereal fairly regularily. I noticed it was extremely expensive, so I started buying a generic high fibre cereal, which is less than half the price for a bigger box and add a bit of protein powder to it.
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I eat the Kashi cereal every once in a while. The healthiest one is the Kashi Go lean. The others, while some are great, are just about as sugary as similar, cheaper products out there.
    I stay away from Nature's Valley products. I've found them to be loaded with sugar.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a Kashi kinda girl. Only when they are on sale though. And yes, I do try to watch the sugar. I do think their products are delicious!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Personally, I try to avoid high fructose corn syrup. Nature Valley products often contain HFCS, and Kashi does not. Other than that, they're both tasty and fine in moderation.