Favorite crock pot recipes??

Options
Hey, my mom just pushed a small crock-pot on me to try out and I was wondering if anyone has a few favorite crock pot recipes to share? I dug around on the forums a little but wasn't having a ton of luck there. Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hey, my mom just pushed a small crock-pot on me to try out and I was wondering if anyone has a few favorite crock pot recipes to share? I dug around on the forums a little but wasn't having a ton of luck there. Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Chili

1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
    1 onion chopped
    4 16 (or so) ounce cans pinto beans
    2 16 ounce cans diced tomatoes
    4 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
    3-4 packets of chili seasoning--

I brown the ground beef first and drain it before putting it in crockpot. Cook on low all day-- yummy. This makes quite a bit, though-- I have a large family, and we serve it over rice. You may need to halve it.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

The Chicken Salsa recipe here on MFP sounds pretty good and simple....I like simple! Probably why I love the crockpot....:laugh:

Do a search on the recipe section and you will easily find it...the nutrition info is there but it may not be listed on the same post.... someone shared it a bit later....

I'll be trying my crockpot out in the a.m ...5-6 hour cooktime ...well ya can't beat that and then come home to a long day and wooosh......healthy meal to eat.

I bought a bag of brown rice to either add to it or pour the chicken over the top of.....I'll let you all know how it goes over. :drinker:

I have a cookbook book I really should glance through that has lots of great slowcooker healthy recipes but are still yummy. I wanna dig through that and start contributing more to the recipe section on crockpot cooking. It's just a great way to cook when you're in a cold State and it warms the home, tastes yummy, simple to prepare, then leave and you get the nice aroma as well.

All that and knowing you're giving your body healthy food!:drinker:

Once you get crackin on your crockpot....I think you'll enjoy it...so convienient no matter how many live in your home....can always use it for left over!

I do hope you try something in it soon.:flowerforyou: Plus you know your 'mamma' would be soooo happy....heehheeh

Oh be nice to have a crockpot/slowcooker section in the recipes...hmm...:bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

oh meant to ask what size she 'pushed' on you...makes a difference on recipes you might try in it:drinker:
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It's a fairly small crockpot, a quart maybe? Actually we've been talking about me taking it for a while now, it's just that it was only today that she finally dug it out and gave it to me. I'm kind of excited to try it out too! That chili recipe sounds yummy . . . :tongue: