water consumption....8 glasses bad for you????

Options
suz74
suz74 Posts: 77 Member
been trying so hard to meet my 8 glass target this week only to open up the laptop and read this headline

http://lifestyle.aol.co.uk/2011/07/13/drinking-eight-glasses-of-water-a-day-could-do-you-more-harm-tha/?icid=maing-grid7|uk|dl5|sec1_lnk3|70474&v=c

sigh

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    see, so much info out there, its hard to know what to do, and what not to do
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I don't think we can listen to everything we read/hear/see. if you're thirsty drink, if not I don't think it's necessary. it's that easy. I think the pro's outweigh the cons and frankly I feel better when I've had enough water throughout the day.. most people do. sorry AOL News.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I don't think we can listen to everything we read/hear/see. if you're thirsty drink, if not I don't think it's necessary. it's that easy. I think the pro's outweigh the cons and frankly I feel better when I've had enough water throughout the day.. most people do. sorry AOL News.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I drink my 8 glasses of water a day and sometimes more than.. and when I don't, I feel thirsty, bloated and have a headache.

I say that if it's not harming you and feel ok.. keep at it. If you're really concerned then go see a doctor.