Really Tired after exercise

Options
I try to work out once or twice a day, by 3 o'clock I can barely keep my eyes open!!! Any adivce on how to gain my energy back, after working out?

Replies

• eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're hydrated. If I'm not hydrated enough when I start or don't drink enough during then I'm really lethargic after.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I'm usually really tired after working out so I make sure that I put some type of food in my system to give my body some energy.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? And is it healthy food? Food = Energy. Healthy Food = More Energy. Are you drinking enough water? Are you getting enough sleep at night? How long have you been exercising at this intensity for? Maybe you should start out lighter and work your way up? Build up your resistance.

There isn't really enough info to go off of here for legitimate suggestions.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It sounds like maybe its dehydration! Just make sure to drink water before and during your workout. Plus, the more you exercise, the more sleep deprivation catches up to you, so you may have always been tired, and are only starting to realize it now. 7-9 hours, it will work wonders! (if any of us can find the time!) :)
  • anc8391
    anc8391 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do you have days off? If you work out twice a day you might be pushing too hard. If you have ruled out the other suggestions (dehydration, proper nutrition, sleep, etc.) and are not pushing yourself too much, you might want to rule out medical conditions which lead to adrenal fatigue, hormone disruption, etc. Chronic stress drains the adrenals and some people actually should not exercise until the issue is resolved. Adrenal fatigue can cause weight gain and exercise only puts more stress on the body.
  • strivingforhealth
    Options
    Thanks! Are there any food suggestions that gives alot of energy?