Just freakin' tired!

Options
So, I guess I just need a little feedback/ encouragement. I've met my goal, plus some and I've been working on maintaining for the last several months. For the last 2 months, I've let myself back off on logging everything, everyday and have been pretty loose with alot of my food choices because I've been amping up my work-outs (which i know, btw, is bad logic as it's how I've gained my weight back in the past). I've been doing (trying to do) Insanity and have had great results, only have 2 weeks left, but I have no motivation to finish. My body and mind are exhausted, plus the 1 -1.5 hours 6 days a week are time consuming. I've been taking breaks and running instead, but I've noticed my overall motivation is going way down yet my appetite for bad food is increasing. I've gained several pounds also, which I know is to some extent muscle (even though I HATE it when ppl say that, it always sounds like an exscuse) since I was all cardio, no weight bearing and since Insanity, I've added alot of muscle definition. BUT.... some of it's not... and I'm scared crapless I'm going to get fat again, and it's making my motivation get worse. I know I just need to suck it up, just like I did to loose almost 70 lbs... but I'm having trouble finding the energy. It would be nice if I had some work-out buddies too. But my husband and friends that do workout already have thier own routine and schedules aren't terribly compatible.
Not sure what I'm looking for.. affirmation... empathy... advice maybe. Please no preaching though, I know what I do wrong on diet and excersize, just need insight and motivation

Replies

• brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    work out partners rock... if it weren't for mine (i have 2 and a half, two people and my dog) I wouldn't have stuck with it as long as I have. See if there's someone from here close to you. One of my work out partners came from here. She lives close by and we meet up at the gym so there are no real excuses. that doesn't mean life doesnt try to get in the way and we skip some meetings, but we're more consistent then if we didnt meet.

good luck
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey there! :flowerforyou:

I feel this girl! I think what I'm hearing, although I may be off base, is that you are seeking balance. You've worked hard and fought hard to win your weight loss batttles and you made your goal! Congrats on all that!

Now- it's just figuring out balance......fitness life, mommy life, husband time. Instead of going backwards and "sucking it up" (lol) like you had to do before to get to your goals, give some thought to how you'd like your life to go now. Ya know - creat a new path.

These few new pounds you've gained back are just a plot point and a clue to how to make your life work out :smile:

All the best to you :flowerforyou:
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you just need to take a break for a little while. All the work you've done, it sounds like you're in a furnace mode, so it's not like you're going to gain it all back if you're not working out 6 days a week consistently. I was working out all the time too & got burned out - took a few days off, maybe a week or so & came back and ended up having a better burn. Sometimes you just need to listen to your body & give it a rest every now & then. It's not giving up or quitting, it's just catching your breath & resting your body.

Good luck.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    work out partners rock... if it weren't for mine (i have 2 and a half, two people and my dog) I wouldn't have stuck with it as long as I have. See if there's someone from here close to you. One of my work out partners came from here. She lives close by and we meet up at the gym so there are no real excuses. that doesn't mean life doesnt try to get in the way and we skip some meetings, but we're more consistent then if we didnt meet.

good luck

I guess looking for a workout partner on here is possible, definately feel sort of strange about it... Anyone live in the Worthington/ Polaris Area in Columbus that needs a running/ work- out buddy and motivator? Even though I've been slacking, I'm still either running or doing Insanity a minimum of 5 days a week, so I'm not really flakey. Oh yeah, and I would feel much more comfortable w/ a female just because... well, I could probably beat up a chick if she's an ax murderer... don't know if I could take a dude... plus my husband may not be a fan of a "work-out rendevous" with a male.
  • evebagnall
    Options
    I hate the word 'diet'. That alone can depress that happiest people. I figure as long as you own the choices that you make and enjoy everything you are eating then in the long run you are going to make better choices.

Have you thought about joining a social sports team or starting one with friends/ workmates. Everybody is looking to get fit or keep fit. You can have some fun, have weekly training sessions and keep each other motivated.

Either way, keep at it. Remember you have gotten this far. Your awesome! Just have a little faith in your yourself. If that doesn't work, fake it until you do:)
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You did what you needed to get where you are - which means you TOTALLY have it in YOU!!! Think back to the determination and commitment that got you to where you are now, and try to harness that again! (And when that fails, treat yourself like a spoiled child and say "No is not an option, get your *kitten* out there and do it!") C'mon - you KNOW you got this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

good luck

I guess looking for a workout partner on here is possible, definately feel sort of strange about it... Anyone live in the Worthington/ Polaris Area in Columbus that needs a running/ work- out buddy and motivator? Even though I've been slacking, I'm still either running or doing Insanity a minimum of 5 days a week, so I'm not really flakey. Oh yeah, and I would feel much more comfortable w/ a female just because... well, I could probably beat up a chick if she's an ax murderer... don't know if I could take a dude... plus my husband may not be a fan of a "work-out rendevous" with a male.

yes good point lol... i guess mine was a little easier to decide as her and i both happen to be military spouses and thats a different thing all together, but if you agree to meet in a public place then its a bit safer until you decide if she is safe or not. good luck in finding one though.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support! hoping to get through this slump and keep myself from doing the yo yo thing.