Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
Anyone wanna share any?

I'm feeling adventurous in the kitchen tonight. :wink:

Replies

• theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I like substitutions.. 'cause honestly, if you ain't gettin the real thing, your body will crave it one way or another! :P
    I have carob powder instead of cocoa powder (just small differences..less cholesterol..richer flavor)
    Also, using 1/2 a banana instead of 1/4 or 1/3 cup of oil in your recipe, and 1/2 cup of applesauce instead of 2-3 eggs. These substitutions work really well for brownies!!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Try these. I love them! They are from Hungry Girl.
    1 box Devil's Food cake mix, 1 c. plain Greek Yogurt, and 1 c. Water. Mix together. It will be pretty thick. Spread in a non stick sprayed 13x9 cake pan. Bake as the cake package recommends. Awesome!
  • kelsiehoagland
    kelsiehoagland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Check out desserts on ohsheglows.com or lovesveggiesandyoga.com (:
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Take a cake or brownie mix, add 12oz diet soda and bake as directed. *Love* it!

Now I'm hungry!! lol
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    bump
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    One ingredient ice cream. Take a ripe banana and chop it up. Put it on a plate or small container and pop in the freezer until frozen (about an hour or so). All you really need to do from there is pop it in a food processor but you can add in whatever you like....I do 1T peanut butter. You can do honey, other fruit, mini choco chips and even top with lite cool whip. A nice change of pace.
  • kelsiehoagland
    kelsiehoagland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH! I can't believe I forgot about this one, chocolatecoveredkatie.com. It's a healthy desert blog! You have to try her cookie dough recipe http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/ it's AMAZING!!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    this might sound gross, but i mix splenda in with 1% milk and pour it over crushed ice ... sure, it's no where close to tasting like ice cream, but it's cold and sweet, and that works for me :)
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    256838.jpg

Amazing
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    OH MY GOSH! I can't believe I forgot about this one, chocolatecoveredkatie.com. It's a healthy desert blog! You have to try her cookie dough recipe http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/ it's AMAZING!!
    This sounds awesome!! omg.
  • Katie320
    Katie320 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This recipe is AWESOME!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/239778-chocolate-peanut-butter-pie-130-cals?page=1#posts-3166242

My family loved it. We found that warming them up a little was more delicious than eating them frozen.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

UMMMMM.....just checked out her website. O...M...G!!! I'm going to make the deep dish cookie pie tonight I think. :)
  • GeekGirlOnAQuest
    GeekGirlOnAQuest Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Grilled fruit is amazing! The natural sugars caramelize and it tastes even sweeter. The other night I made grilled fruit kabobs with a yogurt dipping sauce. I did pineapple, peaches, plums, bananas and strawberries and they all came out great. I also made grilled angel food cake with a strawberry-rhubarb sauce that was delicious.
  • deewildwoman
    deewildwoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump to read at home tonight!
  • hannavasgreen
    hannavasgreen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had some extra fruit that i needed to use. I dont have exact measurements cause I just kind of threw this together.....
    Use a pie pan
    4 cut up peaches and about 1 cup of black berries
    Place in pie pan
    Mix about 1 cup wheat flour with 1 cup rolled oats, cinamon and some maple syrup.
    Cover top with flour/rolled oat mixure
    Bake in oven at 350 until bubbly

My husband said it was one of the best desserts he has ever tasted!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    1 box Devil's Food cake mix, 1 c. plain Greek Yogurt, and 1 c. Water. Mix together. It will be pretty thick. Spread in a non stick sprayed 13x9 cake pan. Bake as the cake package recommends. Awesome!

What is the texture of these? I'm trying to wrap my head around this and it's not working. Brownies? Cake-ish?
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    Grilled fruit is amazing! The natural sugars caramelize and it tastes even sweeter. The other night I made grilled fruit kabobs with a yogurt dipping sauce. I did pineapple, peaches, plums, bananas and strawberries and they all came out great. I also made grilled angel food cake with a strawberry-rhubarb sauce that was delicious.
    I've ALWAYS wanted to grill fruit!! Must tryyy
  • Jellyphant
    Options

What is the texture of these? I'm trying to wrap my head around this and it's not working. Brownies? Cake-ish?
    Same here. I've never even had devil's food cake.
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    I had some extra fruit that i needed to use. I dont have exact measurements cause I just kind of threw this together.....
    Use a pie pan
    4 cut up peaches and about 1 cup of black berries
    Place in pie pan
    Mix about 1 cup wheat flour with 1 cup rolled oats, cinamon and some maple syrup.
    Cover top with flour/rolled oat mixure
    Bake in oven at 350 until bubbly

My husband said it was one of the best desserts he has ever tasted!
    Sounds amazing and super easy! I just happen to have a whole bunch of whole wheat flour to use. :)
  • hannavasgreen
    hannavasgreen Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing!!! Im really excited to try out some of these recipes.