Those new scales...arghh

Options
So I went to walmart and bought new bathroom scales! It has a memory feature and shows your last weight and tells whether you are up or down and by how much. I'm standing there trying to figure out how to operate this thing and was happy that it revealed the same weight as my old scales. Oh, and this scale can read and store weights for two users. I figured I'd be user 1 and hubby would be user 2. He walks in about 30 min later after I weighed and I was going to show him how to use it....I step on the scale and 190.4 pops up in big LCD lighted numbers! :embarassed: I just about freaked out b/c I've never told DH what I weigh since I've gained. He looks at the number and says "you weigh 190?" I laughed and said, "oh no, 160, it's just that TOM"!!!:laugh: Well, he gave me a hug and told me I carried my weight good and he just wanted me to be healthy! I thought I was going to cry! So now, my secret is out and I can't go nowhere but forward! Another motivating factor in my life:wink:

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    So I went to walmart and bought new bathroom scales! It has a memory feature and shows your last weight and tells whether you are up or down and by how much. I'm standing there trying to figure out how to operate this thing and was happy that it revealed the same weight as my old scales. Oh, and this scale can read and store weights for two users. I figured I'd be user 1 and hubby would be user 2. He walks in about 30 min later after I weighed and I was going to show him how to use it....I step on the scale and 190.4 pops up in big LCD lighted numbers! :embarassed: I just about freaked out b/c I've never told DH what I weigh since I've gained. He looks at the number and says "you weigh 190?" I laughed and said, "oh no, 160, it's just that TOM"!!!:laugh: Well, he gave me a hug and told me I carried my weight good and he just wanted me to be healthy! I thought I was going to cry! So now, my secret is out and I can't go nowhere but forward! Another motivating factor in my life:wink:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Ah well, remember ... it's only a number! Umm ... yeah. :ohwell:

LOL ... good save with the TOM, too!!

But I know what you mean. The scale I have has a memory feature for 4 users and I'm supposed to be the second button. One of my skinny little daughters is button one ... so, of course, one foggy morning (me, I mean!) I stepped on the scale to have it tell me I had gained 95 pounds! What!?!

But the worst thing was that next time DD stepped on the scale she found out that dear old mom weighs 95 pounds more than she does! :embarassed: :noway: :sad: :tongue: Oh well .... LOL
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Something like this happened to me as well. I really didn't want my husband to know how much I weight but unfortunately he does. Blech!

One ward hoe!