Boca VS. Morning Star veggie burger

Options
tammykoon
tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
I recently tried my first veggie burger (MorningStar garden). I was quite surprised that I liked it as much as I did. So here is my question...

Which do you like better Boca Burgers or Morning Star Farms?

I can purchase a case of Boca's at a warehouse but don't want to waste my money if they arn't as good.

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I like them both. I buy which ever is on sale or priced better.
  • mssweetjay
    mssweetjay Posts: 142
    Options
    I like them both!!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    They're both good. I like Morningstar Farm better, though, because (in my stores) they have more variety and better overall flavor. That's just me, though. You're going to dress them up with the same stuff anyway, so you can't really go wrong.
  • JBRENTLINGER
    JBRENTLINGER Posts: 160
    Options
    The edge goes to Boca Burgers for me. But both are tasty and flavorful!
  • SherryLynn82
    SherryLynn82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Boca Grillers are wonderful! They are both very good though.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    For burgers, I prefer Boca - their grilled vegetable burgers are my favorite, super yummy.

Morningstar Farms makes a maple breakfast sausage patty that is absolutely TO DIE FOR, though. Just so you know :-)
  • gmz1026
    gmz1026 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like both. Morning Star makes one that I am obsessed with though...it's a Spicy Black Bean burger and it is amazing!! So much flavor! I throw a piece of Kraft fat free cheese on it and I am set!
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I prefer Boca. Morning Star, I don't really like any of their products.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I like them both but morning star has more variety.
  • Gut2Glam
    Gut2Glam Posts: 15
    Options
    I like the boca burgers better, they have more of a smokey flavor that I like.
  • PixieThin
    PixieThin Posts: 57
    Options
    I like morning star better because they hold in the moisture better..although I only buy them when they are on sale like at Publix or something..

The other reasons for me liking the morning star is bc it has the veggies in them the little bits are yummy.. my fiance wont eat them if I buy those..haha. If I buy boca he will. I would rather him eat the ground beef or whatever I can't have then him sit and eat my stuff and his stuff..makes me mad when he will snack on my foods when he has his own stuff.

So if you have anyone in the house who doesn't like veggies it's a good way to steer them clear from them.. I love them..&& Burger King sells the morning star burgers. If we go out to eat I usually order that with no sauce or anything and then use a pack of mustard if I feel like it.
  • bustertriscuit
    bustertriscuit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love Morningstar Grillers. I think they have better flavor. I wish restaurants used Morningstar for their veggie burger option but most use Boca. I like them fine when out to eat but prefer the Morningstar at home.
    I think it depends on what you're looking for in a veggie burger. If you're looking for it to taste more like a burger, maybe Boca is better because it has more of a garlic flavor. But the Morningstar to me has a better overall flavor.
    The chicken patties taste JUST LIKE THE ONES FROM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!!!!!
    My kids have always liked them, they eat the chicken patties, the nuggets, and the burgers on a regular basis. My daughter especially likes the bacon. I can't stand it but she can eat an entire package.
    I have always liked using the burger crumbles in tacos, the sausage ones especially. I usually mix it with a little sweet chili sauce. The only problem is they taste so good that I have a hard time eating them in moderation.
    Great, now I'm STARVING!! :)
  • bustertriscuit
    Options
    By the way, BK does sell the Morningstar burgers, but it's the veggie patty, it's not the burger. This always confused me.. I mean if a fast food place has a veggie burger, shouldn't it be the BURGER type of veggie burger?
    I like it anyway and ask them to grill it on the broiler instead of microwave it. They're not supposed to from what I understand, but will do it. That's the other thing, who wants a microwaved veggie burger if you're at a fast food place?
    When they first came out with a veggie burger, broiling it was the way they did it. Then they changed the type of burger they used and switched to the microwave.
    At the time the switch happened, I was about 7 months pregnant and I literally broke down in Burger King because they wouldn't broil it for me. I seriously put my head down on the table and started crying. Hormones. Can you imagine a huge pregnant woman crying about how BK is supposed to make it your way yet they won't???
    Completely comical.
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Morningstar all the way. When I first became a vegetarian, Boca was all there was. I stopped eating them because I couldn't stand the fake, grilled taste. When I heard about MS I was so excited. The flavors in my opinion as far better, they have an amazing variety from the burgers to the chicken patties to the breakfast items (sausage links, patties, bacon) and the meal starters line (I'm loving their chicken strips I add them to my salads). Plus my Costco sells a jumbo box of the 1/4in Chipotle Black Bean burger that is heavenly. I take it to barbeques and it tastes AMAZING off the grill. Ok now that I've worked myself up, it's time for lunch!
  • ruffledviolet
    Options
    Tastewise I like Morning Star more. For me though, Boca is usually cheaper. Boca is also usually quite a bit less calories. So I just get whatever is on sale.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I like both. Morning Star makes one that I am obsessed with though...it's a Spicy Black Bean burger and it is amazing!! So much flavor! I throw a piece of Kraft fat free cheese on it and I am set!

Me too..love those! I had to check that I didn't write this post...LOL...wrote something almost the same on another post about morningstar/boca!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Morningstar grillers prime. Here they are a little more expensive and a little bit higher in calories but have much better flavor, almost like real burger. I find Boca is tatse very fake and gross.

I like them from Burger King too!
  • comcatee
    comcatee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I usually prefer the morningstar products. I used to eat them a lot when I first became vegetarian but now I only eat them sparingly. Their sausages patties are really amazing though... even meat eaters will like them! And I loved the morningstar veggie dogs... they were delicious, tasted just as good as hot dogs, not rubbery tasting at all. But they discontinued them and I have yet to find a veggie dog that tastes as good as those did :(
  • bustertriscuit
    Options
    Comcatee, have you tried Smart Dogs? They have really good flavor and they're something like 45 calories each.
    Morningstar has a Facebook page and people are always commenting on how they wish they'd bring the hot dogs back. I wonder why they did that?
    If you have a 7th Day Adventist store nearby (do a search!), they usually sell a very large variety of vegetarian products. It's like an entire grocery store of veggie meat. This is the one closest to us.
    http://216.15.215.205/'
    Kind of stumbled upon it accidentally several years ago and have loved it ever since.
    One of my favorite things that they sometimes sell is vegetarian bbq beef jerkey. It's from Japan I believe and they don't always have it, but when they do it's so good. They sell the most interesting things... Different kinds of bulk textured vegetable protein, etc.
    I've found from shopping there that there are a lot of Asian vegetarian meat products, so you may be able to find some of it at Asian markets if you're astute enough in looking for it!
    Also, if you have ever seen a Chinese food menu offering vegetarian chicken, they often use a product called Worthington meatless chicken roll. It's literally this big log of fake chicken. It tastes a lot like the sliced chicken you used to be able to buy in the packages that look like baloney. Do they even sell that anymore? Anyway, chopped up and cooked right it's very good.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options

I just love the Spicy Black bean.........Yummmy:love: