After surgery journey and calories help?

Options
Hi, I have recently had neck surgery where I’ve had some metal work implanted into my neck. Prior to surgery I was in tremendous pain and was extremely immobile for many months, then after surgery my head was in a cage/splint thingy for 12 weeks. After a very long story and no end of drama I am now trying to get active, fit and healthy....

My physio advised that as well as my physio treatment, swimming would really help to release the soft tissue that has grown over joints. I had never been a swimmer, quite panicky in the water; however, on my 3rd lesson tonight I swam 10 metres (wooHoo) unaided.

Could anyone approximate what sort of calories I should log for an hour swimming lesson...?
in addition, I have started to use the toning tables, rest assured I use them with maximum effort and I even manage to build up a sweat whilst safe in the knowledge that I’m not overstressing joints or muscles and after a 50 minutes circuit I am feeling exercised... Are there any experts that could guesstimate how many calories I should also log for this activity?

Thanks for any information/advice you can offer....

Please feel free to add me, I have only been logging for 2 weeks so still early days but logging everything that passes my lips and I’m hoping for some inspirational motivators to assist me on my healthier and soon to be lighter lifestyle :)

Replies

• vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Great job trying to get on track!! A lot of people would use a major surgery as an excuse to not do anything but your getting back on the horse!!! I live in AZ so swimming is a dialy occurance however Im not sure how you would log it :( maybe searching some of the different exercises? Hope you find what your lookin for!!