tattoo???

Options
2»

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I got a tattoo when I was 19 1/2, lived at home, showed my mom the next day and my parents sat me down and yelled at me for about an hour, telling me I should "seriously consider getting it removed", having no idea it would cost 10x more than the tattoo did. My dad told my grandma if I came home with another one, he'd kick me out. Luckily, I moved out shortly after. 3 years later, my parents don't say anything about... though they don't like my nose ring, or my rook ring, or my cartilage ring. But, they don't really talk about it. So get a grip and just wear a tank top that SHOWS IT OFF and see what happens. You'll be working out so if she pisses you off, you can work off your aggression! Treadmill anyone? lol!

i like this post..

when i get my first tattoo when my mum pops round liek she does sometimes and asks if im ok.
    il say yeh, actually iv got a tattoo.
    what do u think?
    and if she doesnt like it. and says somthing like "it looks stupid u should get it removed", il say "thats nice mum".
    and that will be the end of it..
    because at the end of the days theres nothing she can do about it if she doesnt like it!
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the encouragement!!! I went and talked to my mom....I cried, she cried....said she was disappointed and unhappy, yet understood....and then laughed and said she just figured out why I had been wearing tshirts while working out in the heat....lol....
    Then, with a big hug, she said....btw, this doesn't mean you're not getting out of bed in the morning to go workout....I'll see you at 8am sharp! So that was a big plus......and then I had to go through it with my dad too....he didn't say much...lol
    Oh well, it feels so good to have it not be kept secret anymore....and I still have my work out partner...and I will get to be much cooler!!! yay!!!