Noticeable Stool Difference?

Options
titletown
titletown Posts: 377 Member
Sorry if this groses you out, that's not my intention here ;)

But, have any of you noticed a huge difference in your stool since you started eating healthy?

<begin gross part>

I was a guy that normally would need to wipe several times to get all the, you know what, off my behind when I was eating junk food in my old lifestyle.

<end gross part>

Now, I can get by with a few squares and the job is done ;)

I'm probably saving a couple rolls of toilet paper a month LOL

Is it just me, or have any of you noticed this as well?

Replies

• mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    Well.....yes, and I agree with you.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I notice I don't go as much. Maybe because I'm actually putting BETTER things into my body that's taking all the nutrients out of it that it needs!
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    thank goodness there's no "before & after pics"
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    That is pooptastic!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol no i've noticed. not the same way as you, but I used to have to like run to the bathroom sometimes after I worked out! Bad digestive system stufff.. almost had like IBS.. haha no problems here anymore!

=] sorry not very lady like, but it is true :P
    hahahaha. diet changes for the winn!!
  • titletown
    Options

LMSAO

Laughing My Smaller *kitten* Off!
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    It may be that you're eating healthier so your body is using more of what your eating. When you eat junk, there's no real nutrition in the food so your body eliminates all the excess crap :laugh:
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Yep, but I also noticed with the recommended amount of fish oil...no bueno...Ima do more research. GROSS!! LOL
  • danbabcock
    danbabcock Posts: 10
    Options
    LMAO where is the Like button!?!?!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options

LMSAO

Laughing My Smaller *kitten* Off!
    LMSAO...I LOVE IT!!!!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options

lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The less fluff and fillers in your food, the less fluff and fillers in your poop.

It's really noticeable with dogs. At least if you clean up your dog's poop. Feed them Purina or something where the main ingredient is corn, and your dog is going to have big gross poops. Feed them something higher end with an identifiable meat as the primary ingredient, and they'll have much smaller poops. But still gross, because they're poops.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I notice I don't go as much. Maybe because I'm actually putting BETTER things into my body that's taking all the nutrients out of it that it needs!

This. I went from running to the lav 8 times a day down to 3 if I'm lucky.
  • AliciaSpears
    AliciaSpears Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm curious. EXACTLY what did you do to lose SO MUCH weight. My husband is almost your starting weight and I am trying to get him to eat healthier and exercise, but I'm kinda at a loss for the things he should have to eat, because as a woman, I require much less food than him and he doesn't want to eat like me :)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Although I didn't notice until I had a bad weekend where I went back to my old habits and then I realised what hell I was putting my body through on a daily basis.
  • titletown
    Options
    I'm curious. EXACTLY what did you do to lose SO MUCH weight. My husband is almost your starting weight and I am trying to get him to eat healthier and exercise, but I'm kinda at a loss for the things he should have to eat, because as a woman, I require much less food than him and he doesn't want to eat like me :)

The easy answer to that, eat less, move more.

The things your husband will probably not want to hear until he's serious about losing weight...

Workout religiously, eat as much whole foods as you can. I totally eliminated all sugar, potatoes, breads, 99% of sodas both diet and regular, and most grains. I also cut out most dairy, with the exception of greek yogurt and an occasional binge on cheese, which I love.

My typical day consists of around 200 carbs or less, 1200 - 2000 calories on most days, around 1500 - 2500 mg of sodium, 200 grams of protein on most days. I also workout 6-7 days a week, trying to do something different every other day or so, so my body does not get accustomed to a routine.

Your husband has to want it though, there is no half-ins on this journey, trust me on that one. I have lost weight probably 10 times in my life, always the quick way, the wrong way, the easy way, but it always came back and then some.

This has been a 2 1/2 year journey for me, one that I will cherish forever. Has it been easy, no. Worth it? Heck yeah!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    OK, since we're on the subject, here's a TMI... mines green. I have read that it means it's traveling thru your system too fast?? Anybody else? And no, my diet is NOT all green stuff.
  • titletown
    Options
    Green? Wow, that would be a shocker.

I think you should read this article and maybe get that checked out:

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/gettingdiagnosed/a/green_stools.htm
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

He doesn't need to eat different food than you do, only different quantities.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Blueberries make mine green. So does Lucky Charms cereal. :blushing: