I did good all day ......soooo can i have dessert?

Options

Replies

• CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your day, then have it!! Everything in moderation - and LET GO OF THE GUILT!!

I agree to if you stop eating everthing you love you going to crave it so, have alittle when you want it
  • gmthomas
    gmthomas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How about trying some fat free frozen yogurt?! I have some strawberry in my freezer and its awesome. I LOVE ice cream and this stuff is a great replacement
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    in my opinion, denial leads to binges. As its been said, in moderation, its all good. Enjoy.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joes in your area, biy their hold the cone mini ice cream cones, they are only 70 calories and sooooooooo good!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SKIP IT! You dont need it! :-)

I like to think of my food intake like this. Will it benefit my body nutritionally? If not, I tend to pass. Don't always make the right choices, but my intake of junk food is almost nothing now with that thought process and I FEEL SO GOOD ALL THE TIME!

Ice cream is a source of calcium and protein. :tongue: You could say the ice cream sandwich I had for an afternoon snack was more beneficial than the grapes I had earlier.
  • HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Go buy some Breyers no sugar, ice cream...90 calories for 1/2 a cup and only 4 grams sugar. Or get the "Skinny cow" ice cream sandwiches...those are 140 calories for the whole thing and I think 4 grams of sugar. You can enjoy your ice cream fix without feeling guilty or going way over on sugar! Good luck!
  • HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Go buy some Breyers no sugar, ice cream...90 calories for 1/2 a cup and only 4 grams sugar. Or get the "Skinny cow" ice cream sandwiches...those are 140 calories for the whole thing and I think 4 grams of sugar. You can enjoy your ice cream fix without feeling guilty or going way over on sugar! Good luck!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    don't ever punish or deprive yourself. If you go everyday stating I can't have this I can't have this you will want it more.

Don't feel guilty either. If you want it, have it, then deal with the consequences (good or bad). Exercise a little harder maybe, or it if fits into your day, don't even worry about it.

Most of all, enjoy it! There's nothing worse than eating something delicious and hating yourself for it.

Agree!
    If it fits in your day, then have it!! Everything in moderation - and LET GO OF THE GUILT!!

Agree!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    I have lost 108 lbs so far and would have gone mentally insane if I didn't treat myself 2-3 times a week. By treat I mean a regular serving of ice cream or making a yummy smore. I found that when I didn't do that I would later break down and binge and feel horrible guilt. If you have the calories to spare then treat yourself. Just don't do it every day.

Hugs!!!

Lori
    Proverbs 3:5-6
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Of course you can! Why shouldn't you?

You're in this for the long haul, aren't you? Then you should live your life the way you want to live it, and if that includes ice cream, have the ice cream.

I'd go mad if I didn't allow some goodies to pass my lips.

^^This^^
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    have a skinny cow ice cream bar. Can't believe they are only 110 calories, tastes like premium icecream

What are the ingredients in this? Is it ice milk or is it all chemicals?
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    but of all the ice cream options, why a mcdonald's cone? I've seen them refill the soft-serve machine before. That goop is not ice cream.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    How about trying some fat free frozen yogurt?! I have some strawberry in my freezer and its awesome. I LOVE ice cream and this stuff is a great replacement

I too have frozen yogurt in my freezer.. vanilla. I am also totally planning a Menchie's frozen yogurt bar trip this weekend... omg the yumminess! http://menchies.com/flavors.php They also have a bar full of fresh fruit you can add... along with all the "really good, but really bad" stuff lol.
  • Ashisrunning
    Options
    My dietitician said it was ok :P
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    but of all the ice cream options, why a mcdonald's cone? I've seen them refill the soft-serve machine before. That goop is not ice cream.

agree with this! If I want an icecream it's going to be a damn GOOD one!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

Probably because it's lower in calories. I agree though, it really doesn't taste so incredible.
  • anave285
    anave285 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? Is that what you all do? I eat dessert every day. I absolutely have to. My daily calorie limit is 1250 and I eat at least a 100 dessert every day. Bless all of you that save dessert for cheat days. I envy you. What I absolutely adore about this site is the fact that I can eat whatever I want, I just have to calorie watch and exercise if I go over my limit. Eat that ice cream girl while you are taking a brisk walk and enjoy every lick.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Your Skinny Cow seems like a better choice
  • highdesertgirl
    Options
    espec. the cookies n cream truffle bars. Gonna have one right now mmmm :)